Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement Which brand/interlock is the best? (I hate Guardian!) PLEASE READ MY STORY

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RoslynS 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Michael Carter
    Participant

I want to get some opinions about which interlock seems to work best for people. I have had Lifesaver and Guardian. Lifesaver was okay, but Guardian company took it over. My license is now suspended because of 4 instances of alcohol in my breath in one month on the Guardian. I was never alerted to this because they were all under .02 and I only found out about them when I reported for my monthly meeting with the Special Supervision Program. I have been sober 5 years, so I know the readings were not from alcoholic beverages. I have concluded that they could be caused by a low-carb diet that I am on and my research has shown that my body may have been producing ketones as a response to this diet which as an end result produce isopropyl alcohol in the body.

Has anyone else had bad experiences with Guardian? I have heard horrible things about Smart Start. Are there any other alternatives in Florida..?

I lost my appeal with the DMV, but will be allowed back into the interlock program. I will have lost the 15 months of interlock time that I gained and have to do the whole 24 months over again. To be honest this is mind-numbingly exhausting and it has really has been a struggle to stay level-headed and positive after all of this. I have followed all the rules, reformed my life and then to be falsely accused and convicted of violating the breathalyzer….well, it’s almost too much to take.

Any experience you would like to share may help. Thank you!

P.S. Has ANYONE ever won an appeal with the DMV? Is this even worth taking to court?

C Ridley Bain
    Participant

I got mine (lifesafer) two weeks ago. There was an intoxalock near me, but I did some checking, and no way. false alarms, falty machines.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/investigations/readers-watchdog/2014/11/12/ankeny-man-des-moines-company-device-intoxalock/18945173/

Plus they really screwed the guy. decided to drive a couple miles to avoid intoxalock…don’t know guardian

RoslynS
    Participant

I got mine (lifesafer) two weeks ago. There was an intoxalock near me, but I did some checking, and no way. false alarms, falty machines.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/investigations/readers-watchdog/2014/11/12/ankeny-man-des-moines-company-device-intoxalock/18945173/

Plus they really screwed the guy. decided to drive a couple miles to avoid intoxalock…don’t know guardian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.