Home Forums New York Motorists Issues What if I don't have a vehichle registered to my residence and no one else has one there?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Steve Weir
    Participant

I live in NYS. I lost my license for a year. I am to get it back in a month. I do not have a vehichle registered to my address (I live alone) and there are no other vehichles registered at my address. I am supposed to have an Interlock for 6 months. When my license is reinstated, and I do not have a vehichle (or any at my residence), does the 6 month mandatory interlock just expire after 6 months? What would happen if I drove my girlfriends car and got pulled over?

Anonymous

Most times when you are caught driving a car without an interlock it is an automatic felony with mandatory jail time. Check your state’s laws, its probably stated somewhere.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Most times when you are caught driving a car without an interlock it is an automatic felony with mandatory jail time. Check your state’s laws, its probably stated somewhere.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.