Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement Vehicle interlock fail

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mesquite 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

mesquite
    Participant

Well I had my lifesafer interlock in my car for 3 months and all was good with many hundreds of passes until one morning I was sick with the flu but had to get my daughter to school and my son to day care so I could recover. I was caughing horribly and took the only cough syrup I had in my bins of medicane then got my kids dressed, out to the car and I blew a fail. I rinsed my mouth with what little water in the car and got a second fail. I then got a flashing lockout which is a temporary lockout. I waited almost 10 minutes with no blow indication yet so I decided to walk my daughter to school and my son to day care which took me almost an hour. As soon as I got back I turned the car back on and it prompted me to blow and I did with a pass and then later a few more passes. When I got back to the house I went to see that the cough syrup I took was a night time with alcohol in it. I informed the Driver control (they didn’t care) and then I notified the interlock company and they took the note to go with the next sent report and said I should be okay but I am really worried. Any input?

The topic ‘Vehicle interlock fail’ is closed to new replies.