Home Forums Pennsylvania Motorists Issues Unnecessary traffic jams caused by authorities

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  undoctor 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

undoctor
    Participant

I’ve driven 18 wheelers since 1964 for millions of miles throughout the eastern 24 states. Many times crashes and other situations necessitate the closing of a highway, but more and more in recent years I have noticed that highways are closed or restricted apparently unnecessarily or for unreasonable lengths of time.

Although it did not effect me directly, I witnessed one of the most egrigous occurances of this Friday, the 20th on Rt. 22 eastbound at the Rt 512 exit. I was appalled to the point that I wrote a letter to the editor of the Easton (PA) Express Times, accessible at the following link, and also to Governor Corbett.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/

If you live in the area and were affected by this atrocity I ask you to help me make enough noise about this so this type of arrogance is stopped. I couldn’t get the entire web address to enter the preview, so remove the parenthesis and add
    opinion/index.ssf/2013/12/letter_traffic_delays_after_cr.html#incart_river
    to the web address to get the letter to the editor.

Dave Kulp
    Bethlehem, PA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.