Home Forums Tennessee Motorists Issues Tennessee

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mcaton06 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I’m aware that states honor other states’ driver license suspensions but I’ve heard that that isn’t always the case with things like IIDs. I’ll be moving from Florida to Tennessee soon and would appreciate knowing whether or not TN will require it in order to get a DL there. I have 19 months of it to go if I stay in Florida.

I could call the DMV in TN, I know. But I’ve never found the info I’ve obtained over the phone from the DMV in Florida to be reliable. Even different offices give different answers to the same questions.

Any Tennesseeans here?

Anonymous

Call TN

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Call TN

Anonymous

Tennessee is not a member of the drivers license compact (DLC) agreement or the drivers license agreement (DLA). They are a member of the Non-Resident Violator Compact (NRVC) as is Florida. This compact generally pertains to residents that receive out of state tickets. I recommend taking a look at the first link below to see if the information you need is provided there – it’s toward the bottom of the page and says to check chapter 5 of the TN drivers handbook.

http://www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/traffic-tickets.php

mcaton06
    Participant

Tennessee is not a member of the drivers license compact (DLC) agreement or the drivers license agreement (DLA). They are a member of the Non-Resident Violator Compact (NRVC) as is Florida. This compact generally pertains to residents that receive out of state tickets. I recommend taking a look at the first link below to see if the information you need is provided there – it’s toward the bottom of the page and says to check chapter 5 of the TN drivers handbook.

http://www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/traffic-tickets.php

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.