Home Forums Georgia Motorists Issues Super speeder

This topic contains 14 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Shelia at NMA 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Please add me in the lawsuit for “super speeder” I’m from IL an was over the speed limit by 22″ had no idea about the new law.

alybella78@aol.com

Anonymous

On July 14, 2012 I was pulled over in Darien, Georgia in McIntosh County for speeding and supposedly I was doing 85 in a 70 on a 4 lane highway. I admit I was speeding but I was with the flow of traffic but because I had out of state tags and In a Cadillac Escalade with a British Flag tag on it the cop pulled me out of the bunch. The cops name was Officer Duck of the McIntosh County Sheriff’s Department. I went to court in September to see what the judge could do for me and because I did not have the money to pay for the ticket they charged me $304 for the ticket plus they put me on probation which is something that I have never heard of and probation costs are $44 a month and I have to call every single week and check in with my probation officer like a common criminal. The judge at the time was a Retired Supreme Court Judge who was substituting while they looked for a new judge because the Judge was fired for an “unknown” reason. The judge told me that I DID NOT qualify for the super speeder ticket because the “law” was 20 mph over the speed limit. I recieved a letter on 10/15/2012 stating that I was found guilty of the super speeder law and I had to pay a $200 fine to the Georgia DMV by 02/06/2013 or my license will be suspended. I called the Georgia DMV and was inquiring about why I received this letter and the woman whom I spoke to said that iit was because I was doing more than 80 mph on any road in Georgia when the letter clearly states that i was doing at least 85 mph on any road/highway. So that right there clearly states that NOBODY in Georgia actually knows the exact law. Not the Judges, not the DA, and not the DMV. This to me seems like it is double jeopardy and that is unconstitutional and illegal. It is taking money from the poor and putting it into the hands of the rich. I am highly upset about this injustice about it. I have a clean driving record with no points taken off my license and I feel that this injustice of a law is ridiculous and unjust. I could understand it for someone who has a severely bad driving record. I have contacted the news in my local state, in Darien, Georgia, and In McIntosh County. So at the end of all of this I will be paying out $768 for the ticket and probation plus the $200 “super speeder” ticket which brings my total for a 15 mph speeding ticket to $968 plus some change. I believe the crooked judges of Georgia use some of that money to pay off their BMW’s, Lexus, Mercedez Benz, and Range Rovers. This all reminds me of that song sung by Reba McEntire “The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia” where the judge has blood stains on his hands.

If there is a class action lawsuit I would be more than glad to be apart of it.

Thanks
    Michael
    Greenville, South Carolina

MSReardon5@ymail.com

msreardon5
    Participant

On July 14, 2012 I was pulled over in Darien, Georgia in McIntosh County for speeding and supposedly I was doing 85 in a 70 on a 4 lane highway. I admit I was speeding but I was with the flow of traffic but because I had out of state tags and In a Cadillac Escalade with a British Flag tag on it the cop pulled me out of the bunch. The cops name was Officer Duck of the McIntosh County Sheriff’s Department. I went to court in September to see what the judge could do for me and because I did not have the money to pay for the ticket they charged me $304 for the ticket plus they put me on probation which is something that I have never heard of and probation costs are $44 a month and I have to call every single week and check in with my probation officer like a common criminal. The judge at the time was a Retired Supreme Court Judge who was substituting while they looked for a new judge because the Judge was fired for an “unknown” reason. The judge told me that I DID NOT qualify for the super speeder ticket because the “law” was 20 mph over the speed limit. I recieved a letter on 10/15/2012 stating that I was found guilty of the super speeder law and I had to pay a $200 fine to the Georgia DMV by 02/06/2013 or my license will be suspended. I called the Georgia DMV and was inquiring about why I received this letter and the woman whom I spoke to said that iit was because I was doing more than 80 mph on any road in Georgia when the letter clearly states that i was doing at least 85 mph on any road/highway. So that right there clearly states that NOBODY in Georgia actually knows the exact law. Not the Judges, not the DA, and not the DMV. This to me seems like it is double jeopardy and that is unconstitutional and illegal. It is taking money from the poor and putting it into the hands of the rich. I am highly upset about this injustice about it. I have a clean driving record with no points taken off my license and I feel that this injustice of a law is ridiculous and unjust. I could understand it for someone who has a severely bad driving record. I have contacted the news in my local state, in Darien, Georgia, and In McIntosh County. So at the end of all of this I will be paying out $768 for the ticket and probation plus the $200 “super speeder” ticket which brings my total for a 15 mph speeding ticket to $968 plus some change. I believe the crooked judges of Georgia use some of that money to pay off their BMW’s, Lexus, Mercedez Benz, and Range Rovers. This all reminds me of that song sung by Reba McEntire “The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia” where the judge has blood stains on his hands.

If there is a class action lawsuit I would be more than glad to be apart of it.

Thanks
    Michael
    Greenville, South Carolina

MSReardon5@ymail.com

tthomas220
    Participant

I would like to join any class action suit for this scam of the superspeeder law. Please add my name to the lawsuit and make Georgia pay. I would never have pleaded guilty to my speeding ticket (which was 85 in a 70 mph) in Tift Co.

tthomas220

Anonymous

I would like to join any class action suit for this scam of the superspeeder law. Please add my name to the lawsuit and make Georgia pay. I would never have pleaded guilty to my speeding ticket (which was 85 in a 70 mph) in Tift Co.

tthomas220

Anonymous

I too would like to be added to any class action lawsuit.

jaylawhorn@yahoo.com

jaylawhorn
    Participant

I too would like to be added to any class action lawsuit.

jaylawhorn@yahoo.com

Anonymous

I was in Darien County, GA driving from FL to PA in March 2011. I know i wasnt going 85mph in a 70mph. I admit i could have been going 80mph. So I paid the fine because i wasn’t about to fight a ticket from x amount of states away. Last week , (almost 2 whole years later to the date) I received a notice about the “Super Speeding” law. Apparently there is no statue of limitations! Georgia cops are targeting out of state drivers because they know they will not fight it and then turning around months later and making us pay an additional $200. I’m Sooo pissed offf. We need to do something about this.

Melanie, I hope you went ahead with the lawsuit. Let me know if I can help out

hamurphy55@yahoo.com
    holly murphy

HAMURPHY55
    Participant

I was in Darien County, GA driving from FL to PA in March 2011. I know i wasnt going 85mph in a 70mph. I admit i could have been going 80mph. So I paid the fine because i wasn’t about to fight a ticket from x amount of states away. Last week , (almost 2 whole years later to the date) I received a notice about the “Super Speeding” law. Apparently there is no statue of limitations! Georgia cops are targeting out of state drivers because they know they will not fight it and then turning around months later and making us pay an additional $200. I’m Sooo pissed offf. We need to do something about this.

Melanie, I hope you went ahead with the lawsuit. Let me know if I can help out

hamurphy55@yahoo.com
    holly murphy

GA3844367
    Participant

Please add me to the class action suit. I also had a rental car driving through the state. I wasn’t going back just to fight a ticket. This is Bull to pay the ticket and then have to pay again. HELL I AM NOT A SUPER SPEEDER!
    My email address is bertcross2@yahoo.com

Bert Cross II

bertcross2
    Participant

Please add me to the class action suit. I also had a rental car driving through the state. I wasn’t going back just to fight a ticket. This is Bull to pay the ticket and then have to pay again. HELL I AM NOT A SUPER SPEEDER!
    My email address is bertcross2@yahoo.com

Bert Cross II

Lisa C Francisco
    Participant

I had the same experience with the “super speeder” issue. It’s obviously a scam and I can’t imagine it will hold up if challenged in court. Please contact me if there is a class action suit. In the interim, I will not spend a dime in the state of Georgia. Trips to Savannah and Tybee Island are canceled. If enough out of state folks boycott Georgia businesses the impact will be felt. I was ticketed when I sped up trying to get out of the left lane when an aggressive driver all but rammed the rear of my car. Had I known about the “scam” I would have challenged the ticket.

ericanddebv
    Participant

I had the same experience with the “super speeder” issue. It’s obviously a scam and I can’t imagine it will hold up if challenged in court. Please contact me if there is a class action suit. In the interim, I will not spend a dime in the state of Georgia. Trips to Savannah and Tybee Island are canceled. If enough out of state folks boycott Georgia businesses the impact will be felt. I was ticketed when I sped up trying to get out of the left lane when an aggressive driver all but rammed the rear of my car. Had I known about the “scam” I would have challenged the ticket.

Kristina_m
    Participant

I might want to join any class activity suit . If you don’t mind add my name to the claim and make Georgia pay. I could never have confessed to my speeding ticket (which was 85 of every a 70 mph) in Tift Co.

Regards
    Kristina

Shelia at NMA
    Participant

Dear Kristina,

I am not sure if the law suit is still going but we need Georgia drivers like yourself to become involved in trying to defeat the Super Speeder in Georgia. Contact me to learn how you can help at nma@motorists.org.
    Shelia

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.