Home Forums Georgia Motorists Issues Super speeder law ga

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cpk0061 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Jonathan Franklin
    Participant

IMHO each and every one of you (us) should first, stop speeding more than 5 over in Ga, and second, always get a lawyer, and thirdly, write handwritten letters, (emails are meaningless) to every congressman, Sheriff, Senator, Judge, Governor and Lt Governor in Ga.

If you want to change the law, or overcome it, the last thing to do is to go head on against the DMV. They are put there, with resources, to take care of you, in the manner that they are using.

By hand writing letters, cordially, to law makers and elected officials, lets them know that it is important to you, and hand written letters will get their attention. Also try writing enmass to newspapers and tv reporters.

I don’t see how a class action lawsuit would work. Is it unconstitutional, illegal or what. How else is Ga supposed to slow down out of state motorists, other than hitting them in their pocket book. In the old days they used have speed traps, like 25mph on a main drag, and officers would hide behind billboards, bushes ect.

If you had used a lawyer, you would have at least learned about the super speeder deal. As they used to say, if you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime. Money in this instance.

Believe me, I might be guilty of the same, but just not caught. When driving thru ga I saw the highway patrol was out, and took it easy through the rest of ga.

Be glad it wasn’t in a work or school zone. In Va they can, and will in some counties, put u in jail, at least Ga just wants ur money. Its a poor state like west va and they need all the income they can get. Get rich and powerful people on ur side, and maybe shaming them in to at least posting some signs about it.

Lastly, Don’t get mad, get even… Drive slightly below the speed limit through the county in Ga, that gave you the ticket, and spread that on the internet. Aggravate the locals jumping onto I 95 or whatever. A slow car disrupts traffic far more than speeding. Put hand written placards at rest stops. Put a placard in your back window about the super speeding thing when you go through that county, or through the whole state. Let other motorists know when the highway patrol is out and about.

Remember, the only part that is unfair is the hidden super speeder deal…and SLOWER traffic needs to move over and let the speeders by! Dadgumitt… :-)

Michael J Letsen
    Participant

http://forums.motorists.org/read.php?2,1521

I got a speeding ticket while travelling from TN to GA, on 27th November 2014 in Gordon County GA.

I believe I was driving 83 or 84 and the Officer asked me politely why I was speeding was there something special and I said nothing special and he gave me 87 on 70.

It is on the ticket he had calibration check that morning. I have a Court date next week, and I am planning to go for it. When I called the Court they have mentioned I have to pay $145 and I get 2 points.

But the GA Super speeder Law is making it worse. Additional pay of $200.00

Any suggestions that I can request the court to reduce my speed or plead guilty….so that I can avoid the Super Speeder Fine….

Thanks for your time.!!!!! Have a nice day….

Any suggestions you can provide.

cpk0061
    Participant

http://forums.motorists.org/read.php?2,1521

I got a speeding ticket while travelling from TN to GA, on 27th November 2014 in Gordon County GA.

I believe I was driving 83 or 84 and the Officer asked me politely why I was speeding was there something special and I said nothing special and he gave me 87 on 70.

It is on the ticket he had calibration check that morning. I have a Court date next week, and I am planning to go for it. When I called the Court they have mentioned I have to pay $145 and I get 2 points.

But the GA Super speeder Law is making it worse. Additional pay of $200.00

Any suggestions that I can request the court to reduce my speed or plead guilty….so that I can avoid the Super Speeder Fine….

Thanks for your time.!!!!! Have a nice day….

Any suggestions you can provide.

Michael J Letsen
    Participant

Traveled to the court and requested to reduce the speed and they have reduced 84/70, so no points and paid the court fine.

cpk0061
    Participant

Traveled to the court and requested to reduce the speed and they have reduced 84/70, so no points and paid the court fine.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.