Home Forums Traffic Stops & Law Enforcement super speeder fine

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bertcross2 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hello, same thing here,coming back from Florida…got stopped going 86 in a 70…asked officer how much he thought ticket would be, no mention of Super Speeder Law……I also called court house to see about appealing it. Iive in Warne,N.C. which would have been a 6 hour drive. I paid fine but if she had told me on the phone about Super Speeder I would have made a journey to Valdosta , no mention of it at all.This truly sucks, Priscilla Krenmayer

cb71
    Participant

I agree I just received my ticket on July 7, 2013, coming back from Florida. I live in Indiana. I was doing 89 in a 70. The officer did not know what the price of the ticket would be. He also argued with me that I did not have a seat belt on which I always wear. I was thinking how could you prove that? Also he was clocking on the other side of 2 lanes with cars between us. He only wrote the ticket for speeding. Thank god after I paid the fine. Granted I was speeding but holy cow $422. Really ??!!??? It’s funny how most of these tickets are out of state drivers. Makes it a little tougher to go back to GA and fight it. Congrats to you GA what a way to rake in the dough!!!

On this same vacation I also drove through KY, the cops there were helping the motorist! Take a lesson GA!

Keith Sammons
    Participant

I too was given a ticket in Darien, Ga….85 in a 70..(.so the officer said.)…I paid the fine. Have now received the Super Speeder fee notice for an additional $200. This seems to be habitual action with the officers at hand, making sure they clock you at the 15 or more over…please include me in the class action suit. Thank You

William Head
    Participant

Please add me to the class action suit. I also had a rental car driving through the state. I wasn’t going back just to fight a ticket. This is Bull to pay the ticket and then have to pay again. HELL I AM NOT A SUPER SPEEDER!
    My email address is bertcross2@yahoo.com

Bert Cross II

bertcross2
    Participant

Please add me to the class action suit. I also had a rental car driving through the state. I wasn’t going back just to fight a ticket. This is Bull to pay the ticket and then have to pay again. HELL I AM NOT A SUPER SPEEDER!

Bert Cross II

William Head
    Participant

Bert Cross II

bertcross2
    Participant

Bert Cross II

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.