Home Forums Arizona Motorists Issues Reduce Interlock System to 6, months for first time offenders!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

In December 2011, Arizona reduced their law requiring first time offenders to install an interlock system from 1, year to 6, months. Arizona’s State Sen. Gray has said, “she believes six months is long enough to teach first-time offenders a lesson, particularly such an expensive one”.

I truly agree and think its time North Carolina get on board with this concept, especially since there are few states who require this of first time offenders. I think after paying for classes, the evaluation cost, community service, court fees and lawyer fees, six months is long enough. With the economy in dire straights people can’t afford to pay out the installation fee $280.00, and monthly $60, or even gas cost to appointments. Why should a person go bankrupt and be ruined? I don’t think every person across the board should be treated the same. I had not so much as a speeding ticket in 12 years. I just made a bad decision at 39, after loosing my job, and I’m still unemployed.

Now that Gov. Purdue is not running, it may be a good time to start writing our representatives, or a petition. I’m including those people for you, and I will do the same. Congressman Brad Miller, Richard Burr US Senator of NC, and Senator Kay Hagen. You can email them on their website.

I have never done this before, so any assistance, or feed back is much appreciate. If your going to post your opinion about not changing the law, please don’t I’m not interested. There are people who have committed worse crimes and gotten off with less. The link to the Arizona law change is below.

12/26/2011 9:52:00 PM
    State: New DUI law to relax interlock device requirement
    Associated Press
    PHOENIX – Arizona residents convicted of drunken driving for the first time will get a slightly gentler sentence beginning Sunday.
    A new state law will require first-time offenders to keep an ignition-interlock device on their vehicle for six months instead of the current yearlong requirement.
    http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1087&ArticleID=101509

Anonymous

You can also write directly to congress at http://interlockfacts.com/legislation/contact-congress/

Integrity
    Participant

You can also write directly to congress at http://interlockfacts.com/legislation/contact-congress/

Anonymous

Integrity
    Participant

Mrs. Smith
    Participant

Please everyone! Sign the petition!

Interlockfacts.com

Anonymous

Please everyone! Sign the petition!

Interlockfacts.com

Anonymous

This should happen in Illinois too!!

jaded
    Participant

This should happen in Illinois too!!

Anonymous

Already is. First time offenders required to get interlock for 6 months. Its actually about 5 months due to the required 30 day suspension no matter what of your license.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Already is. First time offenders required to get interlock for 6 months. Its actually about 5 months due to the required 30 day suspension no matter what of your license.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.