Home Forums The Problem with Tolls Private Toll Road issuing fines without court involvement

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  wiserd 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

wiserd
    Participant

I live in California. About 6 months ago, I was sent a toll violation from a private company (The Toll Roads.) It seemed like a scam. I contested it several times, starting through their website. Eventually they emailed me a video of my car going down a road with no surrounding context. I asked for a court date and was refused. I contacted the Attorney General and they confirmed that The Toll Roads was a private company and not a government entity so I ignored it, as they increased the threatened fines.. However now they seem to have a hold on my car’s registration, despite never proving their claim in court or even demonstrating that I was driving the car at the time. How is this not a gross violation of due process? Can I fight this? How?

They say they will agree to arbitration by a third party. I said no as I’ll have more rights in court.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.