Home Forums Oregon Motorists Issues Oregon Laser Ticket

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lisalevi 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I got a laser ticket on my motorcycle last week on I-5 heading for Portland… they claim 80 in a 65 but I was in fact only going 72. It was a very wet day (typical Oregon).. not raining, but lots of moisture in the air. I didn’t think laser was even used in these conditions due to the water in the air dispersing the beam. But it was a sheriff hiding in the median in his black unmarked Mustang behind a large bush. I had been in the center or right-hand lane all along, as the left lane is aways full of idiots going 60 mph while staring at their phones.

But here’s the kicker… I was never asked the sign the ticket! In fact there is nowhere on it I can find for a defendant/recipient’s signature! What’s this all about? I’m not an Oregon resident yet; I still have a California DL. I’ve NEVER gotten a ticket in my life that you didn’t have to sign, because if you refused, the cop then threatens to take you in right there. So I’m starting to think this whole thing should be invalid.

Anybody know anything about this? Or any tips for fighting it? I know many of the tricks in California but I don’t really get to use them since I don’t get tickets, as I don’t go that fast. This is a rarity; I was probably a good target for him since I was on a bike. Not a sport bike either; a Suzuki V-Strom 650.

Thanks.

Rob

lisalevi
    Participant

It is not necessary for you to sign the ticket. Under the implied consent of your signature on your drivers license you only need be “served” the citation. Now iif the police fail to sign the ticket then you have a fighting chance of dismismal. Otherwise your signature is pretty much judt an option.

Anonymous

It is not necessary for you to sign the ticket. Under the implied consent of your signature on your drivers license you only need be “served” the citation. Now iif the police fail to sign the ticket then you have a fighting chance of dismismal. Otherwise your signature is pretty much judt an option.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.