Home Forums New Hampshire Motorists Issues NH Resident NH License DWI in NH – MA suspension

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sootymarie 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Douglas L Levine
    Participant

Hello,

I am a NH resident who possessed a NH license when I was stopped and eventually convicted of a DWI in NH. I have served my sentence, and the 90 suspension is up tomorrow. Today I learned that MA has suspended my license in their state ( I was a resident 20 years ago) based on this DWI. WHen I moved to NH, I turned in my MA license to obtain an NH one. NH informed me that they mail the old licenses back. I would think that would be a great indicator that I am no longer a residence of MA.

The problem is that MA suspended my license based on my DWI. NH will not issue me a new license until I straighten out my issue with the MA who have suspended based on NH information. I am informed that I have to provide my drivng history, judges disposition to a MA hearing officer, but I am not a MA resident. I am confused. Wil I need to jump through hoops for this state in order tobe reisnstated?….will I need a hearing? I am hoping someone can advise me.

Thank you!

Douglas L Levine
    Participant

Also, can an unpaid excise tax from the year I moved (1995) hold up this process? I just renewed license in 2013 and no one said a word.

sootymarie
    Participant

Also, can an unpaid excise tax from the year I moved (1995) hold up this process? I just renewed license in 2013 and no one said a word.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.