Home Forums Drivers’ License Watch NDR Madness

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RobGadv 5 years, 7 months ago.

  • Author
  • #176595197


    This is an oldie, but a goodie (of sorts). I hoping maybe somebody knows something that I haven’t figured out yet to help this situation…

    After getting my motorcycle endorsement three years ago in California, something has shown up on the NDR, in Iowa, dated January 1998. Basically it’s not mine. I’ve never lived in Iowa or anything else. Furthermore, it only showed up sometime in the last few years. But it’s there and I can’t get another driver’s license as a result, or even renew the current one. My CA DL will expire next July so I’m running out of time.

    I contacted Iowa a couple years ago about it and they want $200. I said go to hell. They insist they have a piece of paper signed by that was sent in the mail over something to do with insurance; I don’t even remember at this point. I said it’s not possible because I never signed anything, let alone received it, especially SINCE I’VE NEVER BEEN STOPPED IN IOWA. They’re holding firm.

    The only thing I can come up with at this point is to TRY to get somebody there to send me a copy of this thing I allegedly signed. Trouble is, it takes HOURS on hold to get to a human being there. That’s no joke. That’s why it’s still sitting out there unhanded. I don’t have time to deal with it. I even went so far as to contact a local senator’s office a few years ago to try to get some resolution on the issue. I wanted them to submit legislation to (a) dissolve the NDR (my first choice), (b) put a time limit on records, like they do on your credit report, and/or (c) make records submitted after a certain time period invalid… like how this one shows up over TEN YEARS later. Instead, all they did was call Iowa and verify what I told them. Idiots.

    So… anybody know anything else I can try? I’m fed up with all this legalized extortion.


You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Log In or Register