Home Forums North Carolina Motorists Issues NC DMV Hearing Questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wanttosucceed 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I was permanetly revoked in NC in1997 for 3 dui’s and 3 dwlr. I left NC in 1997 and moved to the Sunshine State (FL). Unfortunately the NDR followed me to FL. I was unable to get DL in the sunshine state but accumulated 1 more dui and 1dwlr in 1999 in FL. I stopped driving after the 1999 convictions for fear of going to prison. I stayed out of trouble up until 10/2011 when I was ticketed for operating a motor vehicle with no DL while on my way to work. Paid a fine but still shows up on FL driving record. I have moved back to NC on 10/2012 and am trying to straighten this mess out. I contacted the NCDMV via email and they instructed me to get DUI evaluation and classes for 508 form….. Done……. Next they instructed me to pay all reinstatement fees here in NC. …..Done…….. Called Raleigh to schedule DMV hearing and told NDR is showing a hold in FL for Reinstatement fees owed for 1999 conviction there.I sent payment thru today for that and that should lift hold there……Done…..

Can anyone tell me how the NC DMV hearing works and what I can expect? I am worried about the operating a motor vehicle with no DL in FL in 2011 delaying the time I may have to wait for hearing. WIll they pull a FL driving record? With the DUI convictions being back in 1997 will they require me to get a blow and go machine?
    Also what forms are in this packet I read about given out by DMV officer?
    Thanks for any info!

Anonymous

battmanfl-

Read through this thread (sequence of events with Monitech violation), especially uncledave’s posts:
    http://forums.motorists.org/read.php?2,798

That might help to give you a better idea as to where you stand and what you can expect, even if your situation isn’t exactly the same as others who posted. It sounds like you’ve had a rough go of it, and apparently NCDMV can be pretty tough on people in similar circumstances. However, we all deserve second (or even third) chances in life once we’ve gotten ours together. Good luck with it.

This will be my last post in the NMA forums. It has been a tremendous help for me when I had an IID installed, as I hope it’s been for many others, many of whom probably lurk/don’t post. It’s easy to feel very alone and paranoid with an IID in your car (I speak from experience). But, at this point, things have changed-there are more NC providers, thresholds have decreased with device sensitivity, etc., so I feel like my input isn’t as valuable as (perhaps) it used to be. Also, I think I’m ready to fully emerge from the guilt, anxiety, and general psychological malaise that my DUI brought. Lurking/posting here doesn’t help with that. Bad memories, as I’m sure we all have.

For everyone driving with IIDs: hang in there. Remember, we put ourselves in the position to have to have them (not that it makes it any better/easier to digest). When they malfunction, I know how worrisome it is, but just document everything and be as proactive as you can to prove that you’re not drinking and that you take the program seriously. And if you are pushing your luck with drinking and potential violations, etc. -is it worth it? Not in my opinion.

Good luck everyone.

AR out

Aldo_Raine
    Participant

battmanfl-

Read through this thread (sequence of events with Monitech violation), especially uncledave’s posts:
    http://forums.motorists.org/read.php?2,798

That might help to give you a better idea as to where you stand and what you can expect, even if your situation isn’t exactly the same as others who posted. It sounds like you’ve had a rough go of it, and apparently NCDMV can be pretty tough on people in similar circumstances. However, we all deserve second (or even third) chances in life once we’ve gotten ours together. Good luck with it.

This will be my last post in the NMA forums. It has been a tremendous help for me when I had an IID installed, as I hope it’s been for many others, many of whom probably lurk/don’t post. It’s easy to feel very alone and paranoid with an IID in your car (I speak from experience). But, at this point, things have changed-there are more NC providers, thresholds have decreased with device sensitivity, etc., so I feel like my input isn’t as valuable as (perhaps) it used to be. Also, I think I’m ready to fully emerge from the guilt, anxiety, and general psychological malaise that my DUI brought. Lurking/posting here doesn’t help with that. Bad memories, as I’m sure we all have.

For everyone driving with IIDs: hang in there. Remember, we put ourselves in the position to have to have them (not that it makes it any better/easier to digest). When they malfunction, I know how worrisome it is, but just document everything and be as proactive as you can to prove that you’re not drinking and that you take the program seriously. And if you are pushing your luck with drinking and potential violations, etc. -is it worth it? Not in my opinion.

Good luck everyone.

AR out

Anonymous

Very nice post, AR.

Sorry you wont be on here to see the compliment. Yes these things are difficult to say the least on many levels, and also, we all did put ourselves in this position. Although I disagree with the administration of this device, and all the things that go wrong that are not caused by the driver at all, I am committed so seeing through the rest of my term and jumping through all the hoops. The reduced sensitivity concerns me a lot b/c they werealready overly sensitive. I am not even drinking at all. But I will continue to do as they ask and keep plodding through til the finish.

Good luck to you.

To the OP, I dont know specifics about your case. The last time I checked, if you get 2 dui’s within a 7 yr period in NC, you have the IID for 3 years.

It used to be within a 10 year period but the rules are contracting as we speak, so I dont know what they currently are.

Wanttosucceed
    Participant

Very nice post, AR.

Sorry you wont be on here to see the compliment. Yes these things are difficult to say the least on many levels, and also, we all did put ourselves in this position. Although I disagree with the administration of this device, and all the things that go wrong that are not caused by the driver at all, I am committed so seeing through the rest of my term and jumping through all the hoops. The reduced sensitivity concerns me a lot b/c they werealready overly sensitive. I am not even drinking at all. But I will continue to do as they ask and keep plodding through til the finish.

Good luck to you.

To the OP, I dont know specifics about your case. The last time I checked, if you get 2 dui’s within a 7 yr period in NC, you have the IID for 3 years.

It used to be within a 10 year period but the rules are contracting as we speak, so I dont know what they currently are.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.