This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wanttosucceed 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hello everyone I just thought I would share my experience with having the Monitech interlock device in my Chevy S10. I got my DWI in mind January 2013 after all the court stuff I got my system installed in May so i have only had it a little more than 3 months, I only have to have it for a year. I got my system installed at the Matthews NC office and the staff there are ok. The day I had my system installed there where two guys there and it seemed one was training the other, It took about an hour and a half. For the first week it was a little difficult to get used to not being about to just put the key in and start the truck and go but I have got used to it. I really have not had an issue i have the QT-1 device however if you take your car to be service for an oil change ect make sure your service person calls monitech to get the code. My service provider did not an after they too my truck around the block the device wanted an arrival test which they didn’t do so I had to call monitech and explain what happened an then send them a copy of my bill to prove I had work done on my truck so I could get the code to unlock it. Then when I went into my first service call with Monitech I had to fill out a noncompliance form and explain the issue again. As for using it daily I have not had a problem, now I will say that I have had to change my life some. I don’t eat or drink anything for about an hour before I go some where and as for drinking alcohol I wait about 48 hours before trying to drive just to avoid any issues. I have read so many people complaining about it going off and that they only had one drink 5 hours before well what did you expect. I hate no being about to drink coffee until I get to work but I did the crime, I brush my teeth the night before. I basically do everything I can not to set this thing off just to avoid any issues. If you have questions about the Monitech device or questions for the DMV good luck. Both Monitech and the DMV tell you to call the other and are very shady and standoffish, it really just come down to money. If you have any questions feel free to ask I will try my best to awnser.

Anonymous

Congratulations on handling it all so well. In no time it will be over with, and you’ll be on with your life. All those little changes that take so much effort, made all the difference. It shows a sense of responsiliblity, and that will be obvious to your probation officer, and whoever in the system you have to deal with. Most importantly, they’ll work to keep this easy for you! So congratulations. I don’t have any questions, but thank you for the offer. I bet others will be around at some point that do :).

sunshine
    Participant

Congratulations on handling it all so well. In no time it will be over with, and you’ll be on with your life. All those little changes that take so much effort, made all the difference. It shows a sense of responsiliblity, and that will be obvious to your probation officer, and whoever in the system you have to deal with. Most importantly, they’ll work to keep this easy for you! So congratulations. I don’t have any questions, but thank you for the offer. I bet others will be around at some point that do :).

Anonymous

I think the people at Monitech and DMV are elusive, because they have been trained that a lot of people will never cut back or stop drinking,.. and also try to beat the “program,” so they don’t want to give too much information that may help them to circumvent the system.

I am okay with that. I just want to survive the program and move on with my life. I don’t care what information they withhold as long as the device works well enough for me to get through this…..

Wanttosucceed
    Participant

I think the people at Monitech and DMV are elusive, because they have been trained that a lot of people will never cut back or stop drinking,.. and also try to beat the “program,” so they don’t want to give too much information that may help them to circumvent the system.

I am okay with that. I just want to survive the program and move on with my life. I don’t care what information they withhold as long as the device works well enough for me to get through this…..

The topic ‘My Monitech’ is closed to new replies.