Home Forums Maryland Motorists Issues Move to a new state – interlock

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wanttosucceed 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hi I am about to have my license reinstated in Colorado but I will be moving to Maryland next month. DMV Colorado said IF I move to MD and provide them info (notarized etc) that I do not have to install interlock. I will not be getting my license back – but rather waiting until I go to MD and do the test etc there.

My question is will MD require me to get interlock installed out there? I was considering having cars shipped/towed as part of the moving process if it will be saving me this money (about 1000/yr apparently). If it will be the same thing I may as well get everything in Colorado and go ahead and drive the interlock vehicle across the country to try to save a little bit of money there.

From talking to CO DMV it sounded like they would not care and that I would be saving the $ from not installing interlock, from MD DMV the answer is very unclear. Anyone have any experience with this? Maybe it is going to be the exact same thing just in a different location but that is not the impression I got from CO DMV.

Thanks
    manowar

Anonymous

Am unsure but I thought that all the states are interfaced on the computer databanks now?

If not, I would like to know as well.

Wanttosucceed
    Participant

Am unsure but I thought that all the states are interfaced on the computer databanks now?

If not, I would like to know as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.