Home Forums Minnesota Motorists Issues Lifesaver interlock MN

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  MNjustice4all 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Lifesaver is no better then Smart Start. I thought this device was a great solution and that I’d have the freedom to go wherever I want and obey the law. I was ready to be sober for two years. I had no problem with not drinking. What a nightmare! After getting some Aborts before even leaving lifesaver I had a steady stream of failed blows the following week. Id get in my car to leave for work and blow a pass and my next blow would be a fail 5 min later. The same thing for a week straight. It would pass and fail when I’m driving..and what was Lifesavers response? “Well were not with you when your blowing a fail and referred me to my manual on what not to eat and drink. I was driving to work, I’m not slamming a beer on my commute there! I was just drinking soda. She told me soda can give me a fail unless I wash my mouth with water. I have been watching what I eat and drink and it didn’t matter. Lifesaver wouldn’t replace the device because they said there was nothing wrong with it and their robotic response was always ” Your going to have to take it up with the state” I’m glad I decided to get the Interlock put on before my license was suspended so I could get it taken off right away. Ive now made the decision to go without driving instead of having to deal with being late to work,being stuck at work or anywhere else in the winter,paying for reset fees, going to court and violating my probation and possibly doing more jail time or having a longer suspension. Interlock is not worth all the stress your going to go through. I would love to get a class action lawsuit going. This interlock device sets you up to fail when your trying to take your punishment and be a law abiding citizen. I would love to hear from anyone on this.

Anonymous

HI,

I had an intoxalock device for about a month now and have issues with this one as well,
    I just starting working in a small office of 6 (2 small rooms). I have a hard time not using mouthwash
    in the morning because I am a heavy smoker and so is my boyfriend.
    I went out to my car this morning because my niece came over and I have just used her mouthwash,
    I got in the car and failed – I haven’t had a drink in over a year now, nor do I want or need one.

The rolling tests really scare me because of I never know when they are coming and being a smoker
    I don’t like to smoke in the car anymore.
    I now what I did was wrong and by NO means would I ever do what I did again nor would I want anyone
    else who has been drinking on the road.

This is a very costly choice, but a smart one any sugestions would be greatly appreciated

M

maggie
    Participant

HI,

I had an intoxalock device for about a month now and have issues with this one as well,
    I just starting working in a small office of 6 (2 small rooms). I have a hard time not using mouthwash
    in the morning because I am a heavy smoker and so is my boyfriend.
    I went out to my car this morning because my niece came over and I have just used her mouthwash,
    I got in the car and failed – I haven’t had a drink in over a year now, nor do I want or need one.

The rolling tests really scare me because of I never know when they are coming and being a smoker
    I don’t like to smoke in the car anymore.
    I now what I did was wrong and by NO means would I ever do what I did again nor would I want anyone
    else who has been drinking on the road.

This is a very costly choice, but a smart one any sugestions would be greatly appreciated

M

Anonymous

Just be really careful on what you put on your face/body and what you eat and drink. If you think you might get a fail for eating pizza, bread or something similar wait awhile before you start your blow. You can purch.a handheld device to test into before u do the interlock too. I wish u luck and hope you don’t go through what I went through.

Warkjx
    Participant

Just be really careful on what you put on your face/body and what you eat and drink. If you think you might get a fail for eating pizza, bread or something similar wait awhile before you start your blow. You can purch.a handheld device to test into before u do the interlock too. I wish u luck and hope you don’t go through what I went through.

Anonymous

I have not had any false positives with my smartstart 20/20 although I did get paranoid that I would. I have lived my normal life without it letting hamper me too much. If I was eating in the car and it went off for a retest then I would just finish that mouthful and take a couple mins and swig with some water and take the test. No problems. The alcohol that is made from masticating bread products is not enough to stick around for a long time. After 5 minutes you should be fine to take a test after swigging with water just to be sure. But this is only from my experience. If you have other vendors to choose from maybe you can pick another one to be installed on your car. Depending on how long your sentence is for it may be worth it in the long run even though you would spend a few extra bucks.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

I have not had any false positives with my smartstart 20/20 although I did get paranoid that I would. I have lived my normal life without it letting hamper me too much. If I was eating in the car and it went off for a retest then I would just finish that mouthful and take a couple mins and swig with some water and take the test. No problems. The alcohol that is made from masticating bread products is not enough to stick around for a long time. After 5 minutes you should be fine to take a test after swigging with water just to be sure. But this is only from my experience. If you have other vendors to choose from maybe you can pick another one to be installed on your car. Depending on how long your sentence is for it may be worth it in the long run even though you would spend a few extra bucks.

We are required not to drink and drive. Where does the state have a right to tell you what products you can use on your body, what food you can or can’t eat or if you smoke cigarettes. If safety is the issue then 2nd hand smoke kills more every year than drunk drivers. They don’t take people’s phones away and computers at home when they are ticketed for texting and driving.

I have had an interlock device in my car for 2 years now. I have had to fight 2 false positives having actual hearings. I was in a car accident where I was hit head on by a restricted drivers who was 89. I have a permanent brain injury. Due to that I take medication that when mixed with Ibuprofen causes my liver enzymes to spike to the 1400s each time this happened I would the following day blow false positives. Thank God I had witnesses and went to the police station and asked them to breathlyze me and it came back no alcohol.

I have also gone through 2 alternators, 2 starters and 6 batteries, mostly during the cold winters in Minnesota. Just this last week I had another 8 month old new alternator burn up. The company who makes my device claims there is only a .04 amp draw on my battery at start up and when I blow. 2 mechanics now have confirmed that the thing is drawing a continuous 1.9 amps and my batteries never fully charge because the draw is so high and also the alternator never rests so with in a week or two will start whining.

I have had the installation company when given this documentation try to remove the equipment because I am high maintenance. When I asked what this is, it is because I ask for receipts and they do not want to provide one. Because of being disabled in MN I am also eligible for reduced fee which the Company who farms out the installs says the install who are ordinary mechanics do not see. Yet last year the mechanic who did the recalibration gave me the email stating I was on reduced fee and told the company who distributes the Drager handsets that he would no longer service me. The middleman company who claims there are no false positives and the equipment is just fine refuses to give me written documentation that the equipment is only drawing .04 amps and not constantly.

After my car freezing literally freezing in rush hour traffic in the middle of a 4 lane freeway because nothing would work and I was even unable to get it in to neutral to push it or turn the wheel wanted to send a tech immediately to permanently remove the equipment.

I am fine with my consequences but I am also facing a felony tampering charge now because after recalibration the day before the car started without the handset connected.

I should serve my consequences but having charges brought against me for crimes I did not commit and for which there is ONLY a mechanical machine that reads in me sour dough bread as a fail, my good friend who is diabetic fails frequently because of key tones when his sugar level isn’t balanced in the mornings and everything from oil paint fumes to having your car detailed is a breech of my civil rights. I am being judged juries fined and punished by a machine that drager will not even come to court to defend. And when it comes to the DMV I don’t even get a day in court unless I hire a private attorney and the state lengthens my sentence and I have to keep paying.

Class Action Suit is that in 3 days I have found 40+ strangers with interlocks who have had to replace starters, altrrnators, and batteries. I have tow truck drivers, auto parts stores and mechanics who can testify to the increase and repeated replacement of these parts and jumps and tows related to this equipment in new and older model cars.

Now that Interlock is required for anything .06 bac and mandatory for even first time offenses it won’t be long b4 your grandmother or mother is being charged for after the fact charges that are bogus and having to spend undue repairs on their vehicles due to the faulty equipment.

MNjustice4all
    Participant

We are required not to drink and drive. Where does the state have a right to tell you what products you can use on your body, what food you can or can’t eat or if you smoke cigarettes. If safety is the issue then 2nd hand smoke kills more every year than drunk drivers. They don’t take people’s phones away and computers at home when they are ticketed for texting and driving.

I have had an interlock device in my car for 2 years now. I have had to fight 2 false positives having actual hearings. I was in a car accident where I was hit head on by a restricted drivers who was 89. I have a permanent brain injury. Due to that I take medication that when mixed with Ibuprofen causes my liver enzymes to spike to the 1400s each time this happened I would the following day blow false positives. Thank God I had witnesses and went to the police station and asked them to breathlyze me and it came back no alcohol.

I have also gone through 2 alternators, 2 starters and 6 batteries, mostly during the cold winters in Minnesota. Just this last week I had another 8 month old new alternator burn up. The company who makes my device claims there is only a .04 amp draw on my battery at start up and when I blow. 2 mechanics now have confirmed that the thing is drawing a continuous 1.9 amps and my batteries never fully charge because the draw is so high and also the alternator never rests so with in a week or two will start whining.

I have had the installation company when given this documentation try to remove the equipment because I am high maintenance. When I asked what this is, it is because I ask for receipts and they do not want to provide one. Because of being disabled in MN I am also eligible for reduced fee which the Company who farms out the installs says the install who are ordinary mechanics do not see. Yet last year the mechanic who did the recalibration gave me the email stating I was on reduced fee and told the company who distributes the Drager handsets that he would no longer service me. The middleman company who claims there are no false positives and the equipment is just fine refuses to give me written documentation that the equipment is only drawing .04 amps and not constantly.

After my car freezing literally freezing in rush hour traffic in the middle of a 4 lane freeway because nothing would work and I was even unable to get it in to neutral to push it or turn the wheel wanted to send a tech immediately to permanently remove the equipment.

I am fine with my consequences but I am also facing a felony tampering charge now because after recalibration the day before the car started without the handset connected.

I should serve my consequences but having charges brought against me for crimes I did not commit and for which there is ONLY a mechanical machine that reads in me sour dough bread as a fail, my good friend who is diabetic fails frequently because of key tones when his sugar level isn’t balanced in the mornings and everything from oil paint fumes to having your car detailed is a breech of my civil rights. I am being judged juries fined and punished by a machine that drager will not even come to court to defend. And when it comes to the DMV I don’t even get a day in court unless I hire a private attorney and the state lengthens my sentence and I have to keep paying.

Class Action Suit is that in 3 days I have found 40+ strangers with interlocks who have had to replace starters, altrrnators, and batteries. I have tow truck drivers, auto parts stores and mechanics who can testify to the increase and repeated replacement of these parts and jumps and tows related to this equipment in new and older model cars.

Now that Interlock is required for anything .06 bac and mandatory for even first time offenses it won’t be long b4 your grandmother or mother is being charged for after the fact charges that are bogus and having to spend undue repairs on their vehicles due to the faulty equipment.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.