Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement Intoxalock is a corrupt company that led to the cancellation of my license!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  andres aguilar 4 months ago.

• Author

Michael E Carter
    Participant

I had the ignition interlock device installed 5 months ago through the company called Intoxalock and had no issues until 3 weeks ago. The device wouldn’t read my rolling retest attempt on the first day I started having problems with it. I promptly called one of the companys reps. to advise them of the situation when this first occurred and every time thereafter to ask for advise and make sure everything (date, times, names, issues) was documented on their part and mine. The next day my vehicle wouldn’t start with my intial test, so I was told by an employee to disconnect and connect the unit back in. My car turned on after I did this, but it again wouldn’t read my rolling retests and the panel would read prompts “Too soft”, “Too hard”, “Missed retest”, etc, etc, etc. A new device was ordered to replace the malfunctioning one, but I had to deal with these issues for 2 more days until I could have a new unit installed. The day before it was replaced it showed that I had a failed initial test. Since the 5 months I’ve had it in it never showed I failed a test. I wasn’t able to perform a retest even when an employee walked me through several different ways that they thought they knew about. A 5 minute countdown would start over every time when I tried the route of disconnecting/connecting it. After being on the phone with several employyes for almost 45 minutes, I was told to leave my car overnight and try to start it again the next day. I was out of town at this time so I had to buy a hotel room for the night. I also noticed I had recieved a ticket on my windshield because I had this issue when I was parked at a grocery store lot. My vehicles battery was dead the next morning due to the unit continuously going off throughout the night so I had to buy cables to jump my vehicle to get it to the mechanics shop. A week later I recieved a letter from the Minnesota Department of Vehicle Services stating my license was cancelled because I failled a initial test and missed several rolling retests. I traveled to the cities to talk to an evaluator at the DVS office. They said a compliance officer with Intoxalock stated that they tested the device when they recieved it back and it was functioning normally and it was my fault I didn’t perform the tests properly. I exhausted every avenue possible with the companies (Intoxalock) supervisors after being dodged by them for days and they wouldn’t even look into my case. I recieved conflicting answers to my questions and was obviously lied to on several occasions. Their final answer was that the companies compliance officer was in charge and that he wouldn’t rescind his decision in the matter even with all the documentation that was taken during these days it was malfunctioning. It comes down to the Companies best interest- $$$ future revenue, because admitting that they might have defective equipment wouldn’t help them out in that area. I now have to start my limited license process all over from the begining and have had to shell out money for transportation to work, daycare, etc. I have about two weeks left of money for this and then I won’t be able to get my three kids to childcare and myself to work. I’m obviously going to switch to a different contracted ignition interlock company because I can’t take the risk of something like this occurring in the future, so I’ll have to spend money getting the current device removed and then more for having a new one put in. MY ADVICE IS TO HEAD MY WARNING TO STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS CORRUPT COMPANY AS YOU CAN.

Robert Eutsler
    Participant

Please be sure to keep in touch here. I have contacted the mn attorney general and I am filming the exact same poblems. Ialso have contacted many television stations to follow the problems and create a blog for a class action suit

beranek
    Participant

Please be sure to keep in touch here. I have contacted the mn attorney general and I am filming the exact same poblems. Ialso have contacted many television stations to follow the problems and create a blog for a class action suit

Clinton S Kegley
    Participant

I’ve had the same BS here in AZ and am considering a lawsuit against the IIC. They’ve submitted false reports to the MVD that I supposedly attempted to start my vehicle with ridiculously high BAC when I was on a frigging airplane and at a 3 hour hair apt. and my first heating is next month, when after 6 months of good behavior, I was going to get this expensive bastard removed from my car. Anyone believe, like me, that the interlock companies are jacking with our logs to keep making the monthly $?

Aliali
    Participant

I’ve had the same BS here in AZ and am considering a lawsuit against the IIC. They’ve submitted false reports to the MVD that I supposedly attempted to start my vehicle with ridiculously high BAC when I was on a frigging airplane and at a 3 hour hair apt. and my first heating is next month, when after 6 months of good behavior, I was going to get this expensive bastard removed from my car. Anyone believe, like me, that the interlock companies are jacking with our logs to keep making the monthly $?

Nika1987
    Participant

I’m currently looking for a attorney to file a lawsuit against Intoxalock… They need to be SHUT DOWN. Since I had this device from May 20 2017 until now November 14 2017 its been nothing but hell. I was court ordered to have this device in my car for six month (05/20/17-11/20/17) how ever when I went to renew my license yesterday 11-13-17 my license indicated that the interlock device expires 05-18-18 I received no noticed in the mail from the DMV nor Intoxalock of this new termination date so I contacted Intoxalock and the Rep was so rude and uneducated on explaining why I had two different lease ending dates. Since I had this device I passed every start-up blow and retest I had only one lockout for leaving my car running while I went inside of the gas station and missed a retest and had to blow for a third retest and passed. I had to pay a $75 lockout fee. Last week after having this device for five in a half months I got my first failed alert on the device because I sprayed my perfume right before I had to blow to start my car and I was so terrified because I never failed a blow test and didn’t know what to expect but I only had to wait four minutes and thirty seconds to try the start-up again and I PASSED then I was able to start my car and leave. Few days later I received a second failed when my mother in law asked to drive my car for the first time which she had trouble blowing correctly because she have a pace maker in her heart and the device kept telling her to blow harder she also advise me she had just brushed her teeth and use mouthwash which will cause a failed result and after I showed her how to blow she passed the initial start-up and retest. I don’t deserve to have the device in my vehicle for another six month I have a perfect driving history since my DUI in 2014, NEVER failed a retest and a almost perfect interlock testing record I got my first failed message at start-up five month after having my device installed due to perfume not alcohol and I make my device lease payments on time every month and If I got paid late before I can do my calibration I always call to let them know. This device is also destroying my Mercedes by killing my battery and causing computer issues. It comes down to the Companies best interest- MONEY future revenue, because admitting that they might have defective equipment wouldn’t help them out in that area. I want this device removed on the date promised by the courts and stated on my intoxalock contracts which is 11-20-2017
    **** UPDATED*****

Today is 11/30/17 I still have this stupid device on my vehicle I contacted the company on my supposed to be last date on this installation 11/20/17 they couldn’t answer none of my questions like always but told me they are emailing someone in the DMV almost a week later NO response from Intoxalock nor the DMV to why this device is still in my car I already gave them more than $600 for the 6 months and now they want more money from me this ridiculous.

andres aguilar
    Participant

Intoxalock takes advantage of people like me who dont know the law. I got a letter from intoxalock, after being release from jail for a DWI, stating that they could help me regain my driving privilages, if I install a IID. Because I receive this letter, I believe it was from the court, how else would the know my situation. The letter and the employee I talked too had me believed I had to get the IID or my driving privileges are gone. Turns out I dont need the IID, the court didnt order for me to have it install. The letter was promoting their IID and I was misinformed and tricked into installing their IID. I hope this post helps 1 person who might get into this same situation.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.