Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement Intoxalock & Breath Capacity

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Intoxalock 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

First, let me say that my username is my situation; I am married to someone who has been court ordereed to use the system. His DUI was more than 7 years ago and suffice it to say, he had to jump through a lot of hoops to even get this far.

The problem I’m having is that due to financial issues, we are now trying to get by with one vehicle. He’s had the interlock system on his truck for about 6 months now and been ok with it. This weekend due to financial hardship we had it installed on our family car….and folks, I can’t seem to make this thing work. After trying off and on all day, all I’ve gotten is about 30 “too soft” readings. Yes, I’m being literal. 30 or more at this point. I gave it a shot this morning after he got off work and had to try 3 times after he showed me, but I did get a good reading on my third try.

We work opposite shifts so we thought we would be fine sharing a vehicle with minimal inconvenience. Is it possible that something is wrong with the device? A I mentioned he works nights and I hate to wake him up so I can run errands, but thats what I’m about to do. We have little ones and they are out of essentials. My main worry isnt TODAY even. Its being alone and ending up stranded OR getting a rolling retest and having this happen with my kids in the car.

CST customer service isn’t open so I guess I’m just hoping for some advice I can use for now. I’ve done my best to be supportive of his situation (for better or worse afterall). I just need to know if this has been an issue for others. I’m 41 with some health issues but I dont think my breath capacity is much worse than the average female.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Typically these devices need a deep breath so it can detect alcohol better. I have no experience with intoxalock. DO you think you can switch providers? Nowadays most states have a few different options available. It may cost a bit in the short term but a device you are more capable of and confident with may be better for you in the long term.

Intoxalock
    Participant

Hello SupportiveSpouse,
    My name is Jules, I work for Intoxalock and I would like to address your concerns. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles activating your Intoxalock device. We understand that having this type of device installed can be a lifestyle change for any person or their family and it is our goal to make each and every one of our client’s experiences with the Intoxalock as seamless and smooth as possible.

I wanted to let you know we recently extended our hours and we now open at 7am Monday through Friday and do not close until 9 pm, CST. We are also open 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays, CST as well in hopes to help better serve our customers.

I invite you to please contact me at 877-777-5020 so I can assist you with the proper breathing techniques and we can try to work through any issues you may be having. I am unsure of what state you are located in, but some states do offer flexibility and may offer more than one activation option. I would be more than happy to try to help bring ease to the situation.

Thank you,
    Jules

The topic ‘Intoxalock & Breath Capacity’ is closed to new replies.