Home Forums Discuss NMA Issues Intoxalock & Breath Capacity

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  SupportiveSpouse 5 years ago.

• Author

SupportiveSpouse
    Participant

First, let me say that my username is my situation; I am married to someone who has been court ordereed to use the system. His DUI was more than 7 years ago and suffice it to say, he had to jump through a lot of hoops to even get this far.

The problem I’m having is that due to financial issues, we are now trying to get by with one vehicle. He’s had the interlock system on his truck for about 6 months now and been ok with it. This weekend due to financial hardship we had it installed on our family car….and folks, I can’t seem to make this thing work. After trying off and on all day, all I’ve gotten is about 30 “too soft” readings. Yes, I’m being literal. 30 or more at this point. I gave it a shot this morning after he got off work and had to try 3 times after he showed me, but I did get a good reading on my third try.

We work opposite shifts so we thought we would be fine sharing a vehicle with minimal inconvenience. Is it possible that something is wrong with the device? A I mentioned he works nights and I hate to wake him up so I can run errands, but thats what I’m about to do. We have little ones and they are out of essentials. My main worry isnt TODAY even. Its being alone and ending up stranded OR getting a rolling retest and having this happen with my kids in the car.

CST customer service isn’t open so I guess I’m just hoping for some advice I can use for now. I’ve done my best to be supportive of his situation (for better or worse afterall). I just need to know if this has been an issue for others. I’m 41 with some health issues but I dont think my breath capacity is much worse than the average female.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.