Home Forums Massachusetts Motorists Issues Interlock violation letter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I got a smartstart device installed in March. I have not been driving at all though. I had no idea that missing the service tests was a violation. Today i got a letter in the mail from the RMV saying the intend to suspend my license due to violation. I know the violation is the missed payment. I called smart start and they told me i had to call massachusetts smartstart headquarters and they are not open until monday. THe letter from the RMV told me I’m scheduled for a hearing on 7/26 but I’ll be out of the country. This seems crazy. All this for missed payments??

Anonymous

I am pretty sure that in the paperwork that you got it states what a violation is. If you miss an appt, or payment, then your sentence is invalid. think about it. If it was easy enough to get it installed and never pay then everyone would do it that way. There is a reason they have appointments. Some of the states keep an eye on how much mileage you drive cause if there is no miles on your car then they feel like you are not using the device to its full potential and can extend its length of service or that you are driving another vehicle.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

I am pretty sure that in the paperwork that you got it states what a violation is. If you miss an appt, or payment, then your sentence is invalid. think about it. If it was easy enough to get it installed and never pay then everyone would do it that way. There is a reason they have appointments. Some of the states keep an eye on how much mileage you drive cause if there is no miles on your car then they feel like you are not using the device to its full potential and can extend its length of service or that you are driving another vehicle.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.