Home Forums North Carolina Motorists Issues Interlock hearing 2015 NC

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RR0271 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

Hi all, I live in NC and I’ve had 2 Dwi’s. I got them when I was 21 and 23. I am now almost 32. Still dealing with the punishment. I had to get an interlock unit installed into my car for 3 years. I have 7 months to go. A few months ago my girl and I went out. We each drank a bev an hour. She always drives if we go out because I won’t because of the dwi’s. We use my car because hers is a piece and she has no heat or ac. So we were out and out was time to go home and she blew into the monitor and it failed her. We waited the 5 minutes, to retake the test, because she hadn’t drank much and she failed again making us wait 30 minutes. My restriction appears to be a .004. We went to fuel pizza and ate to wait it out and returned and were able to crank the car. I can’t remember if it was a warning or pass. Either way we went home. I went to my apt a few months later and had to pay a fee. I didn’t know what to write on the paper so I just signed. I received a letter from the dmv stating my license were being suspended a year or I could request a hearing. I found out this was from a moment when I took it to a honda dealer to get an oil change and they failed to get an override code and turn off my running vehicle. Then a week later I received another letter for the event I described above. Now I am facing a hearing for both. The vac she blew was a .054. Obviously under her legal restriction of .08 but above mine a .04. I am freaking out because I don’t want to lose my license again. I wasn’t driving and it was a mistake to try. I called the dealership and they are going to give me written proof with a date and time frame for the one issue. But I don’t know what to do about the other. She’s never us anything on her driving record she is a truck driver and is clean. But I know I am held responsible for who blows into my car. Does anyone have any insight on what I’m facing or what I can do? Please help.

RR0271
    Participant

Sorry for your bad luck. Curious how everything turned out? How did DMV hearing go?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.