Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement interlock fail in Florida

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Just received fail on my interlock device, didn’t possibly think it could be alcohol related so blew again, failed. Please help, what are the consequences? Thank you everyone that can help. I haven’t been able to find anything online.

Anonymous

Probably the same everywhere – I was told if you fail in the morning due to possibly to having been drinking the night before then DON’T BLOW AGAIN. At next calibration check just say it was mouth wash and you got a ride to work. It is the ‘two fails in a row’ that triggers the vast majority of extensions. You may be out of luck – basically your interlock provider will have you write your excuse and they forward that to motor vehicles.

MrEks
    Participant

Probably the same everywhere – I was told if you fail in the morning due to possibly to having been drinking the night before then DON’T BLOW AGAIN. At next calibration check just say it was mouth wash and you got a ride to work. It is the ‘two fails in a row’ that triggers the vast majority of extensions. You may be out of luck – basically your interlock provider will have you write your excuse and they forward that to motor vehicles.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Two startup fails and two rolling retest fails would be judged completely different.
    It depends how much time in between fails you allow. If it was due to contamination then yes defintiely blow again, start up and drive for a couple more retests to prove it was a false positive. BUT, if you cannot stop yourself from drinking responsibly and blow a fail then best to leave it alone. You may get a letter asking what happened but if you have a good record of no fails then the chance of an extension is low. I would advise you to learn your BAC math. While not completely dead on, it is good for general use.

The topic ‘interlock fail in Florida’ is closed to new replies.