Home Forums Florida Motorists Issues Interlock device on my car when my fiance got the DUI.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Smitrh84 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Charles Griffin
    Participant

Hello, my name is Ashley and I am trying to find out some information reguarding interlock devices on vehicles in the state of Florida. Back in September, my fiancé received his second DUI within 5 years of his first and part of his sentence, after he applies for and receives his hardship license, is that an interlock device has to be placed on any vehicles that have his name on the registration. We currently have one vehicle, in which I am the driver of (his name is specifically listed under non-driver on our insurance) and even after he receives his hardship he will not be using this vehicle because A) we have a child and I need the car to carry us both and B) he has a scooter that only his name is on….we live and work in Jacksonville Beach so it is common for scooters to be used to get around. What do I do to not have an interlock device put on my car?? I didn’t get the DUI so why do I have to blow into this damn thing, wearing his scarlet letter, everytime I want to go somewhere?! I do not find this fair but I haven’t got a clue where to begin.

Ashley

Sam McRae
    Participant

Though I am not quite sure but as far as I know, it would be installed in your car as he had his name on car even if as non-driver. When I worked for a Los Angeles DUI attorney, I saw these devices being attached to every vehicle where convict’s name is registered with as there are high chances the person charged would be driving them at some point of time.

Smitrh84
    Participant

Though I am not quite sure but as far as I know, it would be installed in your car as he had his name on car even if as non-driver. When I worked for a Los Angeles DUI attorney, I saw these devices being attached to every vehicle where convict’s name is registered with as there are high chances the person charged would be driving them at some point of time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.