Home Forums New Hampshire Motorists Issues interlock device

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kellysj 5 years ago.

• Author

kellysj
    Participant

I’ve been reading some of your messages. CTS and their interlock device can screw! I’ve never been more pissed than I am right now. I live in NH. I had the interlock device installed in June. The minute I drove away from the garage, I stopped for coffee. When I came out, my truck would not start! I called the garage, they told me to wait 10 minutes and try again. I did. It started. However, for the next three months I kept having the same problem! They told me it was my remote starter interfering . . . had that disconnected. Still didn’t fix the problem. Took it back to the garage. They said, well . . . it’s your starter. Took it to my garage . . . starter was fine. Finally, after three months of telling CST and the garage who installed the device the problem was with the device did they finally change it. My truck starts every time now. I had to file a complaint with the better business bureau in order for CST to reimburse me for the three months it did not work as well as the $100 towing fees I had to pay because it wouln’t start. Well, today a new problem. I was just recalibrated this past Monday (today is Wednesday). I started my truck this morning no problem. Let it run as there was ice on the windows. Cleaned the windows, got in the truck and it was beeping for me to blow again. I did. I passed. Pulled out of my driveway and 20 seconds later (no lie!) was pulling into the gas station near my house when the horn started beeping! Then it said “lockout” and I needed to be serviced in four days! I called the company and they’re telling me I need to be recalibrated again! They can’t tell me the problem until they get the device back! I just paid $30 to the garage and $35 to CST to be recalibrated this past Monday! Now they’re telling me I have to pay another $75 (for lockout readin) today to have a new calibration . . . plus $18 for 2 day shipping because if I don’t do the 2 day shipping the new device won’t be here in time and I wouldn’t be able to drive my truck!!!!!!! This is just bullshit! I have no problem doing the time for my crime, but I have never had such horrible dealings with a company! I urge anyone who has problems with their devices to be persistant with the company and file your complaints with your better business bureau wherever you are! By the way, I’m sure some of you may agree . . . This is MORE dangerous than texting and driving!!!!

The topic ‘interlock device’ is closed to new replies.