Home Forums Illinois Motorists Issues Illinois BAID machines

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

John Chappell
    Participant

I was curious if anyone could recommend a decent machine. I have a friend who has a
    Intoxalock and it has been an absolute nightmare the problems that he’s had.

Jennifer L Hannah
    Participant

Haha, all the machines are horrible. I work for LifeSafer, Monitech, and Guardian (all owned by LMG Holdings along with plenty of other Ignition Providers). The company won’t care, they’ll say you can’t prove you didn’t fail and charge you the fees as well as report the violation.

Client’s can’t really do anything because most (not all) DUI offenders have driven drunk before, that was just the first time they got “caught”. http://www.cdc.gov/Features/VitalSigns/DrinkingAndDriving/

The contracts are expertly built and the table is very much against you. Keep in mind that ANY fault in the device WILL be counted against you and if the device/vehicle ever decide to stop working, it will be your financial responsibility to tow the vehicle to the shop. In the event that you “can’t afford it”, we’ll respond with a very pleasant and polite, “I guess you won’t get your license back then”.

Good luck and bring some vaseline.

LsGiEmployee
    Participant

Haha, all the machines are horrible. I work for LifeSafer, Monitech, and Guardian (all owned by LMG Holdings along with plenty of other Ignition Providers). The company won’t care, they’ll say you can’t prove you didn’t fail and charge you the fees as well as report the violation.

Client’s can’t really do anything because most (not all) DUI offenders have driven drunk before, that was just the first time they got “caught”. http://www.cdc.gov/Features/VitalSigns/DrinkingAndDriving/

The contracts are expertly built and the table is very much against you. Keep in mind that ANY fault in the device WILL be counted against you and if the device/vehicle ever decide to stop working, it will be your financial responsibility to tow the vehicle to the shop. In the event that you “can’t afford it”, we’ll respond with a very pleasant and polite, “I guess you won’t get your license back then”.

Good luck and bring some vaseline.

Anonymous

Illinois here,

I used the smartstart 20/20 sans camera and had no issues with it. Its a little tricky getting the hum pitch down but after a bit it was fine. Find a good installer is the best advice. Makes a world of difference from the horror stories you see on here.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Illinois here,

I used the smartstart 20/20 sans camera and had no issues with it. Its a little tricky getting the hum pitch down but after a bit it was fine. Find a good installer is the best advice. Makes a world of difference from the horror stories you see on here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.