Home Forums New Jersey Motorists Issues IID's with LEAST PROBLEMS (NJ OFFENDER):S

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hey all. I’m about to get an IID installed and I would like to know what ones seem to cause the least amount of problems. Everytime there is a problem, does one have to go in to get it re-calibrated? Anyone try the DRAEGER XT ? There is one company that said it’s $100/mo. No install fee. No uninstall fee. No calibration fee. Is this a good option b/c you may need to get it re-calibrated more than once a month due to errors, thus, a flat rate saves money ? They also do the installation at the manufacturer.not at an outside garage. So, if anyone can give me feedback on :

Consumer Safety Technology

Draeger Safety Diagnostics

Interceptor Ignition Interlock Inc.

1A Smart Start, Inc.

LifeSafer

Alcohol Detection Systems
    http://www.statewideinterlock.com

Best Labs
    http://www.sensolockamerica.com

Guardian Interlock Systems

Anonymous

The forums have many posts on people’s experiences with these interlocks. I suggest you read them.

On a side note, keep in mind that like many online forums discussing issues most people come to get a problem resolved/advice or just to complain. Use your own discretion.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

The forums have many posts on people’s experiences with these interlocks. I suggest you read them.

On a side note, keep in mind that like many online forums discussing issues most people come to get a problem resolved/advice or just to complain. Use your own discretion.

Anonymous

I kinda wanted to hear if anyone had any GOOD experiences with any of the products I listed below, Ive really just heard complaints about ALL of them so it’s hard for me to decipher ? Do you know if everytime you get an error the machine has to be re-calibrated?

Jpoznan0587
    Participant

I kinda wanted to hear if anyone had any GOOD experiences with any of the products I listed below, Ive really just heard complaints about ALL of them so it’s hard for me to decipher ? Do you know if everytime you get an error the machine has to be re-calibrated?

Anonymous

If you read the forums you can see where people also had lack of issues with their devices.

But, since you must insist on me doing the homework for you, The most positive ones were draeger and smartstart. Some people choose draeger since it may be more user-friendly. The smart start has a hum you have to do that some people just can not get right. I had the smart start and after a brief learning curve with the device I had absolutely NO issues at all with it. There are some people who also had no issue with Lifesaver.

One suggestion is to get a device you can unplug and take inside with you at night or whenever. It will help deter the theft of the device as well as when it gets cold the device tends to bog down a bit and it is slow to heat up when left outside in low temps.

Having to go in for calibration is dependent on the type of error. Your state should have that info for you. Also, you can read the forums and get some general ideas of different people’s experiences with being called in for re-calibration.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

If you read the forums you can see where people also had lack of issues with their devices.

But, since you must insist on me doing the homework for you, The most positive ones were draeger and smartstart. Some people choose draeger since it may be more user-friendly. The smart start has a hum you have to do that some people just can not get right. I had the smart start and after a brief learning curve with the device I had absolutely NO issues at all with it. There are some people who also had no issue with Lifesaver.

One suggestion is to get a device you can unplug and take inside with you at night or whenever. It will help deter the theft of the device as well as when it gets cold the device tends to bog down a bit and it is slow to heat up when left outside in low temps.

Having to go in for calibration is dependent on the type of error. Your state should have that info for you. Also, you can read the forums and get some general ideas of different people’s experiences with being called in for re-calibration.

Anonymous

you can chill out a little “Bliddy”. you didn’t have to reply at all, you choose to “do my homework for me” thanks.

Jpoznan0587
    Participant

you can chill out a little “Bliddy”. you didn’t have to reply at all, you choose to “do my homework for me” thanks.

Anonymous

You are right, I did choose to do that. Just felt like helping someone who could not help herself.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

You are right, I did choose to do that. Just felt like helping someone who could not help herself.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.