Home Forums Discuss NMA Issues ignition interlock NJ

This topic contains 18 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  TangoCharly69 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Somebody please HELP!! I am a 22 year old living in New Jersey. I recevied my very first DWI about 8 months ago and am due to get my liscense back December 28, 2011. I am also required to have a interlock device installed for 7 months. So as I start my research I am noticing so many different problems with these devices! I am very scared and I know that there is no way to get around this and I am basicly stuck. I went on the NJ MVC website to find a list of different companies that will install. The models are DM 904, Sen-O-Lock FR 9000, Drager interlock XT, AMS 2000, Interceptor MI, FC 100, FC 200, SSI- 1000. Does anyone have any experience with any of these devices? I know I will run into problems but I am just looking to find that best one out there for me! I have been trying to find other forums for the speceific devices but the NMA forum seems to be the only one and sometimes people do not specify what model they use. If you have any insite please reply! I would truely appreciate it!

Anonymous

If Smartstart is an option for you, I personally haven’t had any issues with mine other than I hate it!!! Good Luck, I’ve read the nightmare stories about some of the other providers which is crazy…faulty devices can ruin someones life…The stories I’ve read here are despicable.

tommy1
    Participant

If Smartstart is an option for you, I personally haven’t had any issues with mine other than I hate it!!! Good Luck, I’ve read the nightmare stories about some of the other providers which is crazy…faulty devices can ruin someones life…The stories I’ve read here are despicable.

Anonymous

yes smart start is an option for me! do you have the SSI-1000 model? how long have you had it and have you had any faulty readings? what state are you in? sorry to ask alot of questions im just really nervous!

slighltyscared
    Participant

yes smart start is an option for me! do you have the SSI-1000 model? how long have you had it and have you had any faulty readings? what state are you in? sorry to ask alot of questions im just really nervous!

Anonymous

I have this model http://www.smartstartinc.com/index.php/products/20-20/ with the camera. I haven’t had any faulty readings and I eat, drink (non-alcohol), smoke, etc… and blow into it while doing these things…never had an issue. From what I’ve read and the research I’ve done smartstart is the better product. The place I got it installed and get it serviced is good and quick. I’ve only had mine almost two months. Ask as many questions as you want, I’ll try to answer them the best I can and if I can’t someone else here will!!!

tommy1
    Participant

I have this model http://www.smartstartinc.com/index.php/products/20-20/ with the camera. I haven’t had any faulty readings and I eat, drink (non-alcohol), smoke, etc… and blow into it while doing these things…never had an issue. From what I’ve read and the research I’ve done smartstart is the better product. The place I got it installed and get it serviced is good and quick. I’ve only had mine almost two months. Ask as many questions as you want, I’ll try to answer them the best I can and if I can’t someone else here will!!!

Anonymous

I had the Smartstart 20/20 but I did not have to have the camera. You can look over my posts and get a feel for it. I did not have any issues for the most part. I had it for 5 months. You get used to it after a while. I have had the device gone for a week now and I still look down for it when I shut off my car (:P)

I would recommend the 20/20. I did not try any other models though. But I never had a false positive. But whatever company you pick at least make sure to get a device with a fuel cell. They tend to be more reliable against false positives. But overall just do your research and read the forums. I know how you feel like it’s all overwhelming but the more knowledge you have the better prepared you will be and more control you will feel.
    Ask any questions you may have. Some of us still stick around these forums to help out the newbs.

Good luck.

P.S.- read the forums B)

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

I had the Smartstart 20/20 but I did not have to have the camera. You can look over my posts and get a feel for it. I did not have any issues for the most part. I had it for 5 months. You get used to it after a while. I have had the device gone for a week now and I still look down for it when I shut off my car (:P)

I would recommend the 20/20. I did not try any other models though. But I never had a false positive. But whatever company you pick at least make sure to get a device with a fuel cell. They tend to be more reliable against false positives. But overall just do your research and read the forums. I know how you feel like it’s all overwhelming but the more knowledge you have the better prepared you will be and more control you will feel.
    Ask any questions you may have. Some of us still stick around these forums to help out the newbs.

Good luck.

P.S.- read the forums B)

Anonymous

After doing my research I picked the Lifesafer FC100. Have not had any issues in the last 12 months and am due off in spring, can’t wait!
    I picked this company because its been in business the longest and its very easy to blow/hum at the same time instead of blow then hum or blow then suck as other models require. Just don’t use mouthwash with alcohol, get the non alcohol mouthwash and you’ll be OK
    Best of luck

mrlogger
    Participant

After doing my research I picked the Lifesafer FC100. Have not had any issues in the last 12 months and am due off in spring, can’t wait!
    I picked this company because its been in business the longest and its very easy to blow/hum at the same time instead of blow then hum or blow then suck as other models require. Just don’t use mouthwash with alcohol, get the non alcohol mouthwash and you’ll be OK
    Best of luck

Anonymous

The Draeger XT is by far the best. I have a friend who has been in the industry 8years, has worked for various ignition companies and while all of these breathalyzers are basically computers (meaning they’re just machines) He says the Draeger doesn’t see the amount of problems others had. Handsets are detachable, meaning you can bring them in at night and keep em room temp(very important) Also if you feel you’re readings at these other companies-ie Smart Start, etc..are false and it’s the machine’s fault DEMAND the company switch your whole unit out. This crreates a record that the previous machine was replaced at the time the fail occurred and you will have at least a little more clout when you go into argue your case with the DMV. If the company will not switch it out then take your business to another company.

matt
    Participant

The Draeger XT is by far the best. I have a friend who has been in the industry 8years, has worked for various ignition companies and while all of these breathalyzers are basically computers (meaning they’re just machines) He says the Draeger doesn’t see the amount of problems others had. Handsets are detachable, meaning you can bring them in at night and keep em room temp(very important) Also if you feel you’re readings at these other companies-ie Smart Start, etc..are false and it’s the machine’s fault DEMAND the company switch your whole unit out. This crreates a record that the previous machine was replaced at the time the fail occurred and you will have at least a little more clout when you go into argue your case with the DMV. If the company will not switch it out then take your business to another company.

Anonymous

Yes the Stories about Post DUI life is absolute hell ! The system ruins many lives ..worst is the police make up subjective symptoms in the reports and the whole court procedure and supervision is made to make people give up in life ! I am for less govt in our lives !!

Anti DUI laws
    Participant

Yes the Stories about Post DUI life is absolute hell ! The system ruins many lives ..worst is the police make up subjective symptoms in the reports and the whole court procedure and supervision is made to make people give up in life ! I am for less govt in our lives !!

Anonymous

ontario yes i have it on our family veical and it stalls out reads bac reading which arn’;t there . stranded at all hours in parking lots and on the side of the road .very dangerous to have on your veical and when all is done you are still quilty of something you DIDN;T DO good luck sorry if this is scary .but it is especially that moter veical even allowed this to happen if it worked and took your blows accuratly it would be safe but its accually scary and dangerous don;t know how it even passed when some one gets raped muged or even killed then it might even be looked at seriously . so for all ones who even think for a min that this device is safer think again when its your loveed one killed and no it won;t nessesaraly be the one with the device :)

donna delagard
    Participant

ontario yes i have it on our family veical and it stalls out reads bac reading which arn’;t there . stranded at all hours in parking lots and on the side of the road .very dangerous to have on your veical and when all is done you are still quilty of something you DIDN;T DO good luck sorry if this is scary .but it is especially that moter veical even allowed this to happen if it worked and took your blows accuratly it would be safe but its accually scary and dangerous don;t know how it even passed when some one gets raped muged or even killed then it might even be looked at seriously . so for all ones who even think for a min that this device is safer think again when its your loveed one killed and no it won;t nessesaraly be the one with the device :)

Anonymous

Go with Drager-XT if you have a choice.
    They seem to have the best technology.

I’ve had mine for 4 months now.
    Easy to use and no problems at all.

Cheers

TangoCharly69
    Participant

Go with Drager-XT if you have a choice.
    They seem to have the best technology.

I’ve had mine for 4 months now.
    Easy to use and no problems at all.

Cheers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.