Home Forums Discuss NMA Issues I need help choosing an IID in Missouri, PLEASE HELP

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Please help if you have any knowledge about the subject.

I am required to get an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) installed on my vehicle. I live in Missouri and apparently have these choices:

AMS 2000 “Smart Start”
    SSI-1000 “Smart Start-SSI 20/20”
    Intoxalock- Model 1001A “Draeger Interlock XT”
    “LifeSafer FC-100”
    Determinator DM-904

Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated.

Good luck and God bless!

Anonymous

Hi majo-

Read through some of the other threads, and you’ll get some help with your question. I had the Draeger, and had no issues with it in terms of false fails or anything like that. It uses the blow then suck back method, as opposed to a blow while humming method, which appears to be easier in general to do. Regardless of what model you get, use common sense, and if you have any concern about drinking the night before using the device, get a personal breathalyzer so you can always be sure you’re ok!

Best of luck to you.

mcpuntblock
    Participant

Hi majo-

Read through some of the other threads, and you’ll get some help with your question. I had the Draeger, and had no issues with it in terms of false fails or anything like that. It uses the blow then suck back method, as opposed to a blow while humming method, which appears to be easier in general to do. Regardless of what model you get, use common sense, and if you have any concern about drinking the night before using the device, get a personal breathalyzer so you can always be sure you’re ok!

Best of luck to you.

Anonymous

I had the smart start 20/20 (sans camera) and had no issues with it at all. the humming does take a bit to get used to though. But i chose them since I already had a scheduled multi-state vacation planned and in case I got locked out I could get a code sent to the machine if I was on the road.

pretty much from what you will read here is that get the draeger or the smartstart 20/20

Read the forums a bit and take it all in.

Good luck

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

I had the smart start 20/20 (sans camera) and had no issues with it at all. the humming does take a bit to get used to though. But i chose them since I already had a scheduled multi-state vacation planned and in case I got locked out I could get a code sent to the machine if I was on the road.

pretty much from what you will read here is that get the draeger or the smartstart 20/20

Read the forums a bit and take it all in.

Good luck

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.