Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement Faulty ignition interlock devices that are not resolved by Smart Start

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 5 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

For those who have complaints about the Smart Start ignition interlock devices such as the abort hum, abort short, abort hard etc. Or missing work or appointments because of a faulty device not lighting up, device screwing up your electrical system, treatment from the installers, and customer service reps lying please go to http://www.bbb.org and file a complaint. They are working with me and Smart Start is lying through their teeth but I have witnesses and so the more people who complain maybe we can get something done about this.

Think of it this way — those who had dui’s while using prescription drugs, meth, cocaine, pot, lack of insulin, speed etc. are driving freely because the device wont detect those! Why pick on alcohol? Most of us are first offenders who had 2 or 3 drinks and felt ok until we were pulled over. Also a majority of us don’t plan on doing it again so why the torture and damage to your own vehicle? Why should we have to deal with this when we only want to keep our respectable jobs and work?

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because there you wont have jerks like “Sunshine” following your posts with her stupid lectures (although she has never admitted to trying the device herself) and they will actually investigate and do something. The more the better! Also every time you get one of the above issues call the 1-800 number on your device and report it! Every single time! Don’t call the number on their website because they will send you to email and never reply! Blow up their phones every single time you get an abort hum, hard, short and report it! Report every time it wont light up and the wait##### is too long! Its time for a better product or to get rid of it!

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

You do know that BBB is similar to yelp to where they give preference to people who donate money or buy ads from them and giving them higher grades. Doesnt sound to me like they work in the consumer’s interest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.