Home Forums Discuss NMA Issues Fail

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  jessicasmith 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

OK. Haven’t had any trouble with my interlock, all passes, etc. I am sick as a dog, and after I put my daughter on the school bus, I came in and did some work on the computer. I took some meds, and laid down. I was awaken by the school nurse calling me about my daughter vomiting uncontrollably, so I had to go get her. I blew into the device and failed. I didn’t try again, and I had my neighbor go get her. Should I call the monitech people?

Anonymous

Typically a person should try and pass again if they receive a fail. That way it looks better on paper. Unless you were drinking I would try again right away.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Typically a person should try and pass again if they receive a fail. That way it looks better on paper. Unless you were drinking I would try again right away.

Anonymous

OK. I didn’t have time to think, and figured I would fail again anyway. Should I call the Monitech place?

IGoofed
    Participant

OK. I didn’t have time to think, and figured I would fail again anyway. Should I call the Monitech place?

Anonymous

Why did you figure you would fail again?

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Why did you figure you would fail again?

Anonymous

There were a couple of reasons. I was freaking out to hurry and go get my daughter, who the nurse on the phone told me was throwing up violently. Secondly, I knew I had taken meds and cough medicine and it was the first time I had ever gotten a fail or warn or whatever. I wasn’t thinking clearly and figured that the meds and cough medicine did it. I don’t know. Probably should have blown again, but like I said, I was not thinking clearly and figured I wouldn’t pass, and was in a hurry.

IGoofed
    Participant

There were a couple of reasons. I was freaking out to hurry and go get my daughter, who the nurse on the phone told me was throwing up violently. Secondly, I knew I had taken meds and cough medicine and it was the first time I had ever gotten a fail or warn or whatever. I wasn’t thinking clearly and figured that the meds and cough medicine did it. I don’t know. Probably should have blown again, but like I said, I was not thinking clearly and figured I wouldn’t pass, and was in a hurry.

Anonymous

Man, I know how freaked out I get when my son is sick! It’s like your mind just shuts down except for the basic instincts of fight or flight, you know what I mean? Must get medicine, must help child. Nothing can as immediately take me from a arguably rational and intelligent grown man to a slightly evolved primate faster than something happening to one of the kids. I don’t envy you having to try and test in those conditions! Good Luck!

Man, I know how freaked out I get when my son is sick! It’s like your mind just shuts down except for the basic instincts of fight or flight, you know what I mean? Must get medicine, must help child. Nothing can as immediately take me from a arguably rational and intelligent grown man to a slightly evolved primate faster than something happening to one of the kids. I don’t envy you having to try and test in those conditions! Good Luck!

Anonymous

Thanks man.

IGoofed
    Participant

Thanks man.

Anonymous

I assume the cough medicine had alcohol in it. The thing of it is, is that they don’t care. How many people do you think have stood before them and said they had drank some cough medicine. I would call them if it were me, and I would be sure to not do it again!

kaltizer
    Participant

I assume the cough medicine had alcohol in it. The thing of it is, is that they don’t care. How many people do you think have stood before them and said they had drank some cough medicine. I would call them if it were me, and I would be sure to not do it again!

Anonymous

I did and faxed a letter into them. I’ve also had several rolling fails, with immediate passes, all of which were back in the spring. I attributed all of them to using my RainX windshield washer fluid to wash off the pollen. I’ve always documented everything when it happened, so I could explain it. If I have a hearing I’ll just have to be truthful and hope they believe me. That’s all I can do.

IGoofed
    Participant

I did and faxed a letter into them. I’ve also had several rolling fails, with immediate passes, all of which were back in the spring. I attributed all of them to using my RainX windshield washer fluid to wash off the pollen. I’ve always documented everything when it happened, so I could explain it. If I have a hearing I’ll just have to be truthful and hope they believe me. That’s all I can do.

Anonymous

Okay, I did something really stupid. The day of the install on my first attempt infront of the tech I failed. I have no idea what to do. My husband was there and he blew in it and we were able to go. The tech asked me to tell the truth did I drink. Like a fool thinking he might help said yes. Well of course he did nothing. I have not even sent the info to my PO yet. I tried to get out of the agreement but the some how were able to get my case info and my PO number. Any advise?

vera
    Participant

Okay, I did something really stupid. The day of the install on my first attempt infront of the tech I failed. I have no idea what to do. My husband was there and he blew in it and we were able to go. The tech asked me to tell the truth did I drink. Like a fool thinking he might help said yes. Well of course he did nothing. I have not even sent the info to my PO yet. I tried to get out of the agreement but the some how were able to get my case info and my PO number. Any advise?

Anonymous

I agree with you being stupid there but your not the only one when i was having a down load a new instal was done on a vehicle and the man blew a fail then he admitted that while they were insatlling his unit he drank 2 beers very silly thing to do couldent understand he thought that it only picks up if your too drunk too drive ,
    i would guess that you must have your unit for 3 years like me. its is hard to over come these problems but remember these units are not just to keep you from driving but also as life style modification with the help of aa i dont drink any more havent in 6 years
    even if you remove the unit you will have to have it later as dmv will not give your license back till you do complete your time with it .Dmv dosent play and dont worry about it unless u get letter i doubt you will as you didnt drive away but who knowes ,if you have more than one year with this cursed machine you have a zero tolerance so never drink around it ,and becarefull what u eat yes it picks up a lot of stuff cary water with you if you eat any thing wrense your mouth out before you blow with you husband blowing after you did and got a pass then you mite be ok if you dont here any thing before your next down load you should be ok let me know if you have more questions

UNCLEDAVE2416
    Participant

I agree with you being stupid there but your not the only one when i was having a down load a new instal was done on a vehicle and the man blew a fail then he admitted that while they were insatlling his unit he drank 2 beers very silly thing to do couldent understand he thought that it only picks up if your too drunk too drive ,
    i would guess that you must have your unit for 3 years like me. its is hard to over come these problems but remember these units are not just to keep you from driving but also as life style modification with the help of aa i dont drink any more havent in 6 years
    even if you remove the unit you will have to have it later as dmv will not give your license back till you do complete your time with it .Dmv dosent play and dont worry about it unless u get letter i doubt you will as you didnt drive away but who knowes ,if you have more than one year with this cursed machine you have a zero tolerance so never drink around it ,and becarefull what u eat yes it picks up a lot of stuff cary water with you if you eat any thing wrense your mouth out before you blow with you husband blowing after you did and got a pass then you mite be ok if you dont here any thing before your next down load you should be ok let me know if you have more questions

Anonymous

Oh! Might as well overhauled it.

jessicasmith
    Participant

Oh! Might as well overhauled it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.