Home Forums Discuss NMA Issues Drinking & Starting car (California)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TangoCharly69 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Ive had my IID for one day and i was drinking last night at 10pm
    And i need to rub an errand. And its 6:45 pm the next day but im
    Scared to start blow into my device. Question is Will i fail my test?
    I have intoxalock

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Do the math. the typical human body processes about .01-.015 an hour. A standard drink will elevate an average human to about .02 each. Calculate how many drinks you had and how long it has been to find out if it is still in your system.

Anonymous

Do the math. the typical human body processes about .01-.015 an hour. A standard drink will elevate an average human to about .02 each. Calculate how many drinks you had and how long it has been to find out if it is still in your system.

slyguy
    Participant

you have an IID in your car….WHY ARE YOU DRINKING?????? dont drink and get thru the crap…why make it worse??

Anonymous

you have an IID in your car….WHY ARE YOU DRINKING?????? dont drink and get thru the crap…why make it worse??

mcpuntblock
    Participant

No need to quit drinking altogether, but you need to be smart about it! Purchase a good breathalyzer to make sure you’re ok if you have doubts. Drinking the night before I went to work was no big deal, but I knew I could only have a couple.

Anonymous

No need to quit drinking altogether, but you need to be smart about it! Purchase a good breathalyzer to make sure you’re ok if you have doubts. Drinking the night before I went to work was no big deal, but I knew I could only have a couple.

80zbaybee
    Participant

Thanks guys!! That IID scares the crap outta me

Anonymous

Thanks guys!! That IID scares the crap outta me

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

It is only scary now since you are not informed. Read over the forums and take a lot of the information in. After you are familiar with the device and BAC in general you will not be nearly as intimidated by the device as you are now.

Anonymous

It is only scary now since you are not informed. Read over the forums and take a lot of the information in. After you are familiar with the device and BAC in general you will not be nearly as intimidated by the device as you are now.

Anonymous

it also depend on you body weight theres too many variables that figure in , if your in doubt then dont blow its not worth it ,rember why you got you dui in the first place

UNCLEDAVE2416
    Participant

it also depend on you body weight theres too many variables that figure in , if your in doubt then dont blow its not worth it ,rember why you got you dui in the first place

Anonymous

The law does not say ‘Dont Drink’, it says ‘Dont Drink & Drive’

Having an IID in the car does not mean you stop drinking.
    Just like getting into an accident does not mean you stop driving.
    You just have to be more planned.

Like Bliddy Boh said, you need to understand the BAC math.
    It’s very simple math (pls note: these calculations rough and varies based on weight, sex and metabolism)

BAC = NumberOfDrinks x 20
    BAC Burned = NumberOfHours x 15
    Net BAC = (BAC – BAC Burned)/100

eg: I start drinking at 8 pm, stop at 11 pm, and drink 6 beers (or vodka shots or whisky pegs).
    In this case my BAC at 6 am next day morning will be
    BAC = 6 x 20 = 120
    BAC Burned = 10 x 15 = 150 (since 10 hrs have passed between 8 pm in the night to 6 am in the next morning)
    Net BAC = (120 – 150)/100 = -30/100 = -0.03
    Net BAC cannot be negative, hence your Net BAC is 0. Congrats.

Buy a breathalyser, it costs around $100.
    Do the above excercise ie drinking in the night, calculating your BAC in the morning and double checking it on your breathalyser.
    You do it 5-8 times, you’ll understand how much you deviate from the above calculations.
    Once you are able to figure it out, go have a party (keeping the calculations in mind)

Agreed that the interlock is there to protect you and others from you, but you can’t let a machine tell you how to live your life.
    You need to take control of your life.

Cheers

TangoCharly69
    Participant

The law does not say ‘Dont Drink’, it says ‘Dont Drink & Drive’

Having an IID in the car does not mean you stop drinking.
    Just like getting into an accident does not mean you stop driving.
    You just have to be more planned.

Like Bliddy Boh said, you need to understand the BAC math.
    It’s very simple math (pls note: these calculations rough and varies based on weight, sex and metabolism)

eg: I start drinking at 8 pm, stop at 11 pm, and drink 6 beers (or vodka shots or whisky pegs).
    BAC = 6 x 20 = 120
    BAC Burned = 10 x 15 = 150 (since 10 hrs have passed between 8 pm in the night to 6 am in the next morning)
    Net BAC cannot be negative, hence your Net BAC is 0. Congrats.

Buy a breathalyser, it costs around $100.
    Do the above excercise ie drinking in the night, calculating your BAC in the morning and double checking it on your breathalyser.
    You do it 5-8 times, you’ll understand how much you deviate from the above calculations.
    Once you are able to figure it out, go have a party (keeping the calculations in mind)

Agreed that the interlock is there to protect you and others from you, but you can’t let a machine tell you how to live your life.
    You need to take control of your life.

Cheers

Anonymous

A small correction in my calculation.
    The divisor is 1000 not 100

Net BAC = (BAC – BAC Burned)/1000

BAC = 6 x 20 = 120
    Net BAC = (120 – 150)/1000 = -30/1000 = -0.03

TangoCharly69
    Participant

A small correction in my calculation.
    The divisor is 1000 not 100

Net BAC = (BAC – BAC Burned)/1000

BAC = 6 x 20 = 120
    Net BAC = (120 – 150)/1000 = -30/1000 = -0.03

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.