Home Forums Discuss NMA Issues Black data box

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Two questions:

Can the box be removed?
    Can wires be cut to disable the flow of information?

slyguy
    Participant

why ask? you’re probably gonna screw with it any way which IMO is a stupid idea.

Anonymous

why ask? you’re probably gonna screw with it any way which IMO is a stupid idea.

3yrIID
    Participant

They can probably be disabled somehow. Not sure how exactly. Maybe as simple as disconnecting it. Try a search on YouTube for a video explaining it, or a forum with more information on them.
    I have found most any optional feature on a car can be disabled. You just have to do some research to find out the procedure.
    I hate automatic door locks, seatbelt bells (I do wear seatbelts), etc. All that stuff can be shut down, but often require disconnecting the sensor for them. Sometimes hard to get to and require removal of trim pieces to get at them.

Good luck :)

Anonymous

They can probably be disabled somehow. Not sure how exactly. Maybe as simple as disconnecting it. Try a search on YouTube for a video explaining it, or a forum with more information on them.
    I have found most any optional feature on a car can be disabled. You just have to do some research to find out the procedure.
    I hate automatic door locks, seatbelt bells (I do wear seatbelts), etc. All that stuff can be shut down, but often require disconnecting the sensor for them. Sometimes hard to get to and require removal of trim pieces to get at them.

Good luck :)

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

Are you talking about the box for the interlock or the box for the car that records info like in an airplane?

If the one for the car then I would assume it would void warranty if you have it left.

Anonymous

Are you talking about the box for the interlock or the box for the car that records info like in an airplane?

If the one for the car then I would assume it would void warranty if you have it left.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.