Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement baiid warning florida (violation?)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  interlockUser 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

David R Waranch
    Participant

I have had my guardian ams 2000 for 9 months now no issues at all. I only have 3 months left. Today i go to dinner and use some hand sanitizer afterward wait about 2 minutes and try to start my car and registered a warning (NOT a fail) it allowed me to start the vehicle and i did the rolling retest and passed as well. I am worried wether or not this will be a violation? I even started my car a few more times after the incident and did rolling retests and passed just to show i hadnt been drinking. Any incite would be appreciated needless to say this is stressful.

You’re fine…you retested OK within a few minutes of the warning. Remember…your state has thousands of drivers using interlock devices… Thats produces 100,000 of thousands of “test results” that the interlock companies have to store and somehow email or make available to the motor vehicle division in each state. They dont have the manpower or staffing to review all those results. The interlock companies get the fat…they make money by the driver having to come in for a re-set or re-calibration if you record a violation. Warnings are just that…warnings..and no-one will give it a second look…or a first!

interlockUser
    Participant

You’re fine…you retested OK within a few minutes of the warning. Remember…your state has thousands of drivers using interlock devices… Thats produces 100,000 of thousands of “test results” that the interlock companies have to store and somehow email or make available to the motor vehicle division in each state. They dont have the manpower or staffing to review all those results. The interlock companies get the fat…they make money by the driver having to come in for a re-set or re-calibration if you record a violation. Warnings are just that…warnings..and no-one will give it a second look…or a first!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.