Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement Bad Calibration on Interlock

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

THEOVET
    Participant

I failed a rolling retest because I blew a .0251 which in Michigan is a viloation. To make a long story short it was the 1st
    time I had any kind of violation. I had used windshield De-icer. Because I did panic and I did’nt give a good sample in time.
    (5 min). Well when I got my notice of violation and copy of the read out showing before and after the violation I noticed
    all my readings had a .0055 everytime I blew. The point I’m trying to make is that I had no way of knowing my IID had
    been calibrated at a plus .0055 until I had a violation notice. If you subtract the .0055 from the .0251 I should not have
    been violated in the 1st place. After I requested and got a copy of the total two month reporting time all 150+ readings
    all had the .0055 added. So I guess just be careful if you have a IID. I admit I got myself into this mess I just don’t need
    any help staying here. In Michigan a .025 or more is a violation unless you can blow a .0249 or less in 5 Min.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

What brand and device do you have?

THEOVET
    Participant

In adding to the calibration issue. It would seem that the calibrating itself would in most cases depend on some human input.
    The device I have is the ADS Determinator. I must also add that in most cases the plus reading was at .0054 or .0055.
    I did have one or two readings at a .0060 and one as low as 0040. But in any case for the most part they were at a
    .0055. Also when mine is calibrated its done in a place that is off limits to the customer.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

I would switch providers if I were you. May be a bit more money but possibly less headache in the future. Of the providers that MI has I would choose smartstart. I had them and a few other people here on the board have/had them with good results.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.