Home Forums Washington Motorists Issues Anyone have experience with failing IID in Washington State?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Russtopher 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Made a bad mistake and failed two separate times. Anyone know the consequences of a failed test will be? Who does the service provider report to? Are they going to report to the courts as well as the DOL? I didn’t give any info on my court case so how would they know????

Very stressed so any information will be helpful!

Thank you

3yrIID
    Participant

I’m not in Washington state, but think all states are similar in their procedures.
    Unless they (the IID tech doing your data readout) feel is was a false positive, it is supposed to be reported to DMV. You will probably have to have a hearing to explain why there was alcohol detected. Then it will be up to the hearing officer to decide your fate. If they feel you were drinking and trying to operate your IID, they very well may revoke your license, give you additional time with it in your car or something along those lines.

The only safe way to have an IID in your car is to not drink whatsoever. If you must drink, don’t get near your car until PLENTY of time has passed since you drank. 24 hours or so and you should be safe.

Anonymous

I’m not in Washington state, but think all states are similar in their procedures.
    Unless they (the IID tech doing your data readout) feel is was a false positive, it is supposed to be reported to DMV. You will probably have to have a hearing to explain why there was alcohol detected. Then it will be up to the hearing officer to decide your fate. If they feel you were drinking and trying to operate your IID, they very well may revoke your license, give you additional time with it in your car or something along those lines.

The only safe way to have an IID in your car is to not drink whatsoever. If you must drink, don’t get near your car until PLENTY of time has passed since you drank. 24 hours or so and you should be safe.

Anonymous

I am trying to find out the same exact thing for Michigan – just posted. I need to know if the Baiid company or the state will send the report to my court/judge/probation officer IF you find anything out – please reply to my post by ” BK ” thanks so much in advance

bk
    Participant

I am trying to find out the same exact thing for Michigan – just posted. I need to know if the Baiid company or the state will send the report to my court/judge/probation officer IF you find anything out – please reply to my post by ” BK ” thanks so much in advance

Russtopher
    Participant

Hello All

I just wanted to share my recent experience with you all. I recently had a Lifesaver IID installed on my car. What a HUGE mistake! The Lifesaver and Guardian devices are “blow & hum” devices, and quite difficult to operate. Upon installation, I immediately had problems with getting passing blow tests. On numerous occasions my tests were aborted. Once you get a reset or lockout code, you have to bring your car in for a reset. At your expense. The last straw and episode was while driving on the I-205 freeway during rush hour. I immediately pulled over on the freeway in an attempt to get a passing test. After a few attempts, I was still getting “abort” replies from the device. As I sat there, a State Patrol officer pulled in behind me to see what the issue was. When I showed him my Lifesaver IID, he immediately responded with “you don’t want to use the blow & hum” devices. They are troublesome units.” That came from a state patrol officer. I then proceeded to call the Lifesafer installer in Vancouver, WA (initials G.N.) that installed the unit. This was my second call in frustration to him within a month. He immediately told me to bring the F’ng thin in, he would remove the f’ng thing, and never f’ng call him again, and them hung up on me. Yes, he cussed me out and hung up on me. He then immediately contacted their main office and told them that I cussed him out, and that he would not service or remove my device. EVER. The main office at Lifesaver wanted me to drive 3 hours north in order to have the device reset or removed. it appears that Greg in Vancouver, WA, is the only Lifesaver installer in southern Washington. I now had only three days to have it removed before it went into permanent lockout mode. And they were not willing to service their product locally. After numerous phone calls, I was able to get a removal appointment nearby in Portland, OR. As I was awaiting removal of the Lifesaver device in Portland, the installer of the Guardian device (both units are blow & hum devices made and marketed by Lifesaver) showed me a file half an inch thick of new user’s that are having issues with their Lifesaver & Guardian devices.

The following day, I had a “blow” only device installed on my car from a different manufacturer. And to date, I have had no issues with it. I no longer dread the experience of getting into my car with the thought of being stranded or failing tests anymore. I have not failed a single test and, it is a cheaper unit to use.

Do NOT use a Lifesaver or Guardian device. The monetary cost and frustration will drive you nuts!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.