Home Forums Traffic Stops & Law Enforcement "Super Speeder" Fine in Georgia UPDATE Re: “Super Speeder” Fine in Georgia

deniseinmd
Participant

[size=x-large][/size]

First, I am not advocating speeding–thus my reason for using cruise control especially on I95. 2nd, I too got nailed in Darien GA, on 95S in May, 2013, by Trooper Brant Gaither. I had my cruise control but— here is the God’s honest truth. I was minding my own business and was in the middle lane. There was another car behind me and fairly close. THEN all of a sudden- A medium sized blue truck crossed the line into my lane and to avoid a potentially fatal accident, I hit the gas and went over to the empty left lane at which time instantaneously, THERE WERE THE TROOPERS–behind the bushes on the left. In my mirror, I saw the Trooper spin out while turning around to get to me. With that, I went over to the shoulder and waited for him to catch up to me. He said I was going 20 mph over. I explained what happened and said I haven’t had a speeding ticket since the 70’s, all which was true and he gave me the ticket. All he said to my explanation was that I had the option to slow down and allow the truck to come into my lane…REALLY, and cause the driver behind me to crash into me while hitting the truck as well??? I even thought it may have been a set up since the troopers were so close to the “scene” of the crime. I asked him how much was the ticket and he said I needed to call the number. The court date was this past July and although, I thought I had a good “guilty” with explanation, it just wasn’t worth driving hundreds of miles to GA, spend the night in a hotel and drive hundreds of miles back home to MD. So I paid the $215 ticket, just to receive the SS fine notice in the mail last week. Once again, had I known about this, I may have shown up in court, knowing there was a good chance Brant Gaither would not have shown up. When you contact the automated recording, there is no mention of the SS fine. I believe in full disclosure and that didn’t happen. Why can’t they tell you all your options on that lame automated system and then you can make an intelligent decision based on all the facts. This whole thing is shady, and not being a resident of GA, I had no way of knowing this.

YES, PLEASE ADD ME TO THE LIST OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT OR A PETITION FOR FULL DISCLOSURE. WE ARE BEING FLEECED AND DUPED AND ONCE AGAIN, THIS ISN’T ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT YOU’RE SPEEDING, THIS IS ABOUT NOT BEING TOLD WHAT TO EXPECT AND ONCE YOU PAY THE FINE, YOU RECEIVE ANOTHER PRESENT IN THE MAIL DECLARING THAT YOUR LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED IF YOU DON’T PAY THE ADDITIONAL FINE. SERIOUSLY???????