Home Forums Traffic Stops & Law Enforcement "Super Speeder" Fine in Georgia UPDATE Re: “Super Speeder” Fine in Georgia

LightTruth
Participant

NOTE: The following is a copy of the letter I have attached with my $200 check to the great state of Georgia. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Please do all you can to avoid spending money (gas, food, etc.) as you travel through Georgia until the state rights these systemic wrongs.

To: Georgia Dept. of Driver Services June 6th, 2013
CSLR
P.O. Box 80447
Conyers, GA 30013

On May 3, 2013, I received a traffic citation on Interstate 75 in Turner County near Ashburn, Georgia. The citation number is REDACTED and was for driving 86 mph in a 70 mph zone. This citation was incorrect; at the time I was driving 75 mph in a 70 mph zone. The highway patrol officer, Bobby Caton, insisted the state’s speed device was correct, but I know I was driving 75 mph. So, either the speed device was incorrect, or it was aimed at a different vehicle. At any rate, the highway patrol officer issued a citation. I have paid the fine ($282.00) for that citation, not because I am guilty (I am not), but because I can’t afford the time or the gas to come back to Georgia to explain the facts to the court. Yesterday, I received a notice from the State of Georgia telling me that the traffic infraction for which I have been judged guilty carries an additional fine of $200.00. I have been wrongly convicted of one crime twice.

As you have directed, enclosed is an additional cashier’s check for $200.00. To be clear, I am guilty of driving 75 mph in a 70 mph zone. But, I am not guilty of driving 86 mph in a 70 mph zone nor am I guilty of driving the excessive speed which would result in the additional fine of $200. Please understand I know both the original speeding ticket and this additional “super-speeder” fine are based on a fabrication created by a State of Georgia highway patrol officer, and this lie is the responsibility of the State of Georgia to correct and to ensure it never happens again.

Note that it appears the State of Georgia has created a false Driver’s License for me (LIC. NO REDACTED). It is against Florida law for me to have an active driver’s license in both Florida, my state of residence, and any other state. If the State of Georgia has established a driver’s license under my name, you must cancel it immediately and remove all records of its existence. I have never applied for a driver’s license in Georgia and it appears the State of Georgia has stolen some of the personal identity information contained on my Florida driver’s license to create a new identity with a Georgia driver’s license.

Because of this incident, and the dishonesty of the State of Georgia, I will do my small part to ensure that the people I know, and the people they know, avoid travelling through, or spending money in, your state. If this lie had been perpetrated on me, and me alone, we could conclude that it is just a small problem, but the following URL indicates the State of Georgia has a systemic problem of lying and stealing from out-of-state drivers: http://forums.motorists.org/read.php?2,1521,1577

Sincerely,

REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED