Home Forums Traffic Stops & Law Enforcement "Super Speeder" Fine in Georgia UPDATE Re: “Super Speeder” Fine in Georgia

katyb
Participant

I was also pulled over in Darien county, doing 85 in a 70. When the officer gave me the ticket I asked him if he knew around how much it would be and he said he had no idea, even though he had to have known that I would get charged the extra $200 (he even had the nerve to tell me fines were usually lower this time of year, $286 is not what I would call “low”). I’ve read on some other sites that you can be charged with a misdemeanor if you pay the fine and was wondering if anyone knew if there was any truth to this. In total I’m going to have to pay over $500 for this stupid ticket, which is absolutely outrageous for going 15 over on the interstate. I’m from Florida and have an ex that was caught going 25 over and his ticket wasn’t even $200, what Georgia is doing is literally highway robbery. I’m definitely interested in joining this lawsuit if there is one because as a college student working a minimum wage job I have no idea how I’m going to pay this fine.

katybushey@gmail.com