Home Forums Traffic Stops & Law Enforcement "Super Speeder" Fine in Georgia UPDATE Re: “Super Speeder” Fine in Georgia

stricker
Participant

I live in FL and was on my way to my sister-in-law’s gradudation from UGA, and got caught by the flashing lights. I figure, you know, I was speeding and I’m not taking time off work to drive 4.5 hours to go to court and in the end be found guilty anyway, so I pay the fine. At that point, all is well in the world.

3 months later my parents, who live in GA, call me saying they received this notice in the mail saying I have another $200 to pay. I haven’t lived at that address for 8 yrs and haven’t been a GA resident for 5. (I wonder how the brainiacs in the courst sytem messed that up) If I was told about this additional fine by the officer, then it wouldn’t have me so angry. So I call the Sherriff’s office and the GA State Troopers and ask them if it is common practice for their officer’s not to tell out of state motorist about this law, and of course I couldn’t get any straight answer. You would think if this a law it would be printed on the ticket you are issued, but that would make too much sense.

Melanie – count me in for any class action suit – davidmstricker@gmail.com