If possible I’d consult with an attorney who handles these types of hearings and gather the details that you just described above and subpoena the individuals involved with the “switch”.

If you want some quick free legal advice, I’ve used http://www.aVvo.com , you will get good advice from attorneys in your area who are familiar with the law in your state and will point you in the right direction.

Best of luck to you and your husband.