Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement Is there a way to get an Interlock device out of my vehicle if i move to another state. Reply To: Is there a way to get an Interlock device out of my vehicle if i move to another state.

bgunn1985
Participant

Georgia, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Tennessee are not members of the drivers license compact. But you have enough time before your license suspension period begins to run to another state and get a valid one from there. You can go to any of the above states at a later time if you can’t beat it to the nearest states local DMV with an address before your suspension begins and receive a valid drivers license but will still be restricted in the state that you received your DUI until you fulfill your your ignition interlock device. I’m received mine in Kansas City, Ks and was informed by my attorney to get a license on the Mo side before my suspension began if I had a residence I could use and it will be valid in any state accept the state I received my DUI until my ignition interlock device term was successfully completed so I just stay out of Kansas ignition interlock devices are a money pit and inconvenience they don’t stop DUI’s they just bring revenue for the state. UBER prevents DUI’s not interlock devices.