The latest edition of Car of the Future is here! Read the latest articles on the future of car ownership and driving, connected & driverless cars, ridesharing, carsharing, electric cars, hybrid cars, and even flying cars.
If you read any great articles yourself about the Car of the Future, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and perhaps I will link them in the next edition.
How will the election of Donald Trump to the Presidency affect the Car of the Future?
MarketRealist.com ran a five-parter on Trump vs. Machines that might get you started on answering this question.
Part 1: Is Trump’s Victory Good or Bad for the Auto Industry?
Part 2: Ford vs. Trump: What Options does the Company Have?
Part 3: Making America Great Again: Will Car Buyers Pay the Price?
Part 4: What Could Trump’s Victory mean for Electric Vehicles?
Part 5: Does an Era of Trump versus Machines Start Now?
Future of Car Ownership and Driving
- Boston Globe reported that apparently RIDESHARING MILLENIALS CRAVE CAR OWNERSHIP AFTER ALL.
- Two excellent articles on the future of driving: the first is from the ConsumersAffairs.com entitled: WILL DRIVING IN THE FUTURE REALLY BE THAT DIFFERENT?
- The second article from futurism.com: WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF DRIVING. ARE YOU READY?
- Road and Track also ran a nice slide show that asks yet another question: WHAT WILL OUR ROADS LOOK LIKE IN 50 YEARS?
- Apparently, car owners are now allowed to hack their own cars—at least for two years. But what happens after this is anyone’s guess. Carmakers say that their software belongs to them even though the vehicle itself belongs to us!
Cybersecurity concerns continue to be at the forefront when it comes to reporting on connected cars.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation invites comment on Cybersecurity Best Practices for Modern Vehicles. Deadline is November 28, 2016.
- ABC 6 in NY presented a new report about HOW STAYING CONNECTED CAN OPEN YOURSELF TO HACKERS.
- And Spectrum.ieee.org presented an article on the idea that THE NEXT DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACK COULD BE AGAINST YOUR CAR.
A number of stories in the past two weeks on pedestrians and driverless cars.
- Citylab.com posted a story with the premise ON HOW DRIVERLESS CARS COULD EMPOWER PEDESTRIANS.
- Yahoo countered with an article entitled, PEDESTRIANS COULD BULLY DRIVERLESS CARS INTO TRAFFIC JAM HELL.
- The Financial Times fear that DRIVERLESS CARS POSE A THREAT TO THE GROWTH OF CYCLING IN CITIES.
- Techcrunch.com also wrote that THE DRIVERLESS CAR GUIDELINES DO NOT GO FAR ENOUGH.
- Reuters and numerous other news outlets reported that 35 states will now become a part of the electric car charging network.
- GreenCarReports.com says that EV sales have passed a half million in the U.S.
- Autoblog.com reports that EV Rebates were mostly given to the wealthy in California.
- Also, the National Highway Transportation Safety Adminstration (NHTSA) came out this week with new regulation on making sure that EV and Hybrid cars make noise to protect pedestrians and bicyclists.
Solar and Kinetic Sidewalks
- Las Vegas, indeed a city of light, has recently began an experiment on creating energy by people walking on kinetic sidewalks that are also solar. Why not!
That is all of the most fascinating Car of the Future News for now. If you have an interesting link on a Car of the Future topic, send it to me at email@example.com.
Be Safe Driving!