The NMA Foundation presents The Car of the Future Weekly Roundup:
In this week’s Car of the Future Weekly Roundup
–Baidu signs up 50+ Partners–
–Volvo goes all electric–
–France to ban gas motors by 2040–
–17 states now charge fees on EVs–
Click on the colored title to see the full story
NMA Car of the Future Story of the Week
Will self-driving cars ruin the great American road trip?
For as long as there have been cars, there have been travelers using them to get away. The experience has been evolving for more than a hundred years, but at its heart, road travel is about wanderlust and connecting with family and friends. As the brand that brought the Model T to the masses, Ford has an outsized place in American road trip history. Ford Motor Company even employs a futurist (or, in corporate language, a â€œManager, Global Consumer Trends and Futuring,â€) to study where road travel has been and take a proactive look at where it will go.
Latest Editorial and Opinion Pieces
- Envision an Autonomous Car Chase Scene
- Editorial: Volvo’s electrification move is great, but it’s not the end of internal combustion
- Volvo plans to electrify all of its cars. Are the days of the combustion engine numbered?
This week’s Biggest Stories
- All the Promises Automakers Have Made About the Future of Cars
- Baidu Signs 50-Plus Partners for Apollo Driverless Car Project
- For Bosch, The Path To Automated Driving Is Paved With Partnerships
- Volvo became an unlikely tech superpower when no one was watching
- Waymo drops most patent claims in car tech fight with Uber
Local, State, and National News
- Michigan’s New Motor City: Ann Arbor as a Driverless-Car Hub
- Ohio is now the fifth U.S. state to permit delivery robots on sidewalks
- Las Vegas to Pilot WayCare’s Accident Prediction Artificial Intelligence Software
- Texas: TransCore to Design and Build Houston’s Intelligent Transportation System
- China’s ‘elevated’ bus was a scam after all
- France to ‘ban all petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040’
- Electric cars reach record 42% of Norway’s total new car sales with boost from Tesla Model X
- UK: London Mayor Goes All Out With Anti-Car Strategy
- Autonomous Cars are Coming; Doubters are Already Here
- Does Consumer Watchdog Founder Want Asimov-like Rules for Robot Cars?
- Self-Driving Cars Will Get Ethics Lessons in Virtual Reality
- Self-driving cars can learn from planes and trains
- Self-Driving Cars Could Make Moral Decisions Like Humans With a Simple Algorithm
- Determining the Feasibility of Shared Mobility Services in Low-Income, Rural Areas
- New law bans all sex offenders from ridesharing jobs in NY
- Lyft co-founder John Zimmer talks future of ride-sharing and competition with Uber
- Why it matters Lyft and Uber are becoming public transit
- How Uber’s Tax Calculation May Have Cost Drivers Hundreds of Millions
- FTC and NHTSA Joint Workshop on Connected Cars Focuses on Privacy and Security Issues
- What’s Stifling Connected Cars?
Electric, Hybrids and Other Alternatively Fueled Vehicles
- The World Is on the Brink of an Electric Car Revolution
- Updated: 17 States Now Charge Fees for Electric Vehicles
- Einride T-Pod is an electric, self-driving truck with no windows
- Colorado’s Fort Carson Pioneers Hydrogen-Fueled Future
- This solar-powered car might be better for the planet than a Tesla
Flying Cars and Drones
- Would you feel safe riding a passenger drone? According to research, most Americans wouldn’t
- Geely Holding Acquires Terrafugia Flying Car Company
- Drones may soon have to identify themselves electronically while in flight
- Deep Learning Is Here to Automate Parking Enforcement
- 3 State Transportation Agencies Turn to Smart Technologies to Save Time, Money on Road Projects
- Steering Wheels May Go Away but Tires Here to Stay
- Assistance Can Keep Senior Citizens Behind the Wheel Longer
- Rear-wheel steering could radically change pickup trucks and SUVs
* * *
The NMA Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting your interests as a motorist and citizen through the multi-faceted approach of research, education, and litigation. The Foundation is able to offer this assistance through tax-deductible contributions.
* * *
If you are interested in learning more about the Car of the Future check out the following resources:
Weekly Car of the Future blog post featured every Sunday on the NMA Blog.
NMA Driving News Feed – Over 50 Car of the Future stories are placed each month in the NMA Driving Newsâ€”the go-to source for all your driving news information from around the country.
NMA’s Flipboard Magazine called Car of the Future – Over 50 stories are placed each month in this magazine devoted to the Car of the Future. Stories featured include future car politics, industry news and thought pieces.
Follow the National Motorists Association on Pinterest Here OR
Follow individual Boards that have a specialized focus on the Car of the Future:
If you have an interesting story about the Car of the Future, please feel free to send us a link to the NMA Email address email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!