Hawaii Member Alert: Attend an upcoming DOT Meeting on Road Usage Charge Change
Dear Hawaii NMA Members,
The Hawaii Department of Transportation is asking for public input on changing the gas tax to a vehicle miles travel tax. The NMA encourages you either attend a scheduled meeting in person (see below) or an e-Townhall scheduled for April 18. Will need to register for details on the time.
Here is a recent TV report on one of the meetings.
Some meetings have already occurred. Here is the complete list of meetings based on location:
- Friday, March 22 (5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Wilcox Elementary Cafeteria, Lihue)
- Saturday, March 23 (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM at Koloa Neighborhood Center, Koloa)
- Monday, March 25 (5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Lahaina Intermediate School Cafeteria, Lahaina)
- Tuesday, March 26 (Prince Kuhio Day) (5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Baldwin High School, Wailuku)
- Wednesday, March 27 (5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Paia Community Center, Paia)
- Tuesday, April 2 (5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Kaunakakai Elementary School Cafeteria, Kaunakakai)
- Thursday, April 4 (5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Lanai Community Center, Lanai City)
- Tuesday, April 9 (5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Natural Energy Lab, Kona)
- Wednesday, April 10 (5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Waimea School STEAM Center, Waimea)
- Thursday, May 9 (TBA, check org)
Thank you for your support of motorist rights in Hawaii! We encourage you to invite your family and friends to also participate.