NATIONAL MOTORISTS ASSOCIATION
MASSACHUSETTS PAGE - NEWS ARCHIVE
Ten Reasons to Challenge a Ticket
News & Editorials
Letters to the Editor
Frequently Asked Questions
NOTABLE NEWS AND COLUMNS:
- BOSTON GLOBE - transit (December)
- Studies in Contrast (December)
- Elderly Driving (August)
- COLORADO SPRINGS GAZETTE - speeds (May)
- BOSTON GLOBE - young drivers (May)
- Ticket$ take toll on Pike drivers (April)
- BOSTON GLOBE - young drivers (January)
- Seat Belts and $cameras (January)
"There's no reason to believe there are significantly fewer drunk drivers," greeted the good news MADD Matt Shedd.
- The number of motorists arrested for drunken driving in Massachusetts has dropped nearly 30 percent since the mid-1990s.
- Arraignments on drunken driving charges fell from 23,746 in 1993 to 16,808 in 2003.
- The number of drivers asked to take breathalyzer tests by State Police dropped 25 percent between 1996 and 2004.
Deaths from drunken driving crashes have declined by 2 percent - despite more miles driven.
- State statutes were stiffened in 2003 so that more drivers can be convicted with a lower reading than ever before.
To collect the overtime loot for seat belt violations, the Massachusetts police departments need something - anything to stop you for, so that they can later claim it in their "Activity Reporting Forms."
- YAHOO/AP NEWS - ticketing (December)
- FOX NEWS - drunk driving (October)
- AMERICAN SPECTATOR - speeds (September)
- BOSTON GLOBE - pedestrians (September)
- TRICITY HERALD - CAFE standards (August)
- CBS NEWS - keep right! (August)
- Mobilization Madness (August)
- New Road - Old Speed Limit (January)
- BOSTON TRAFFIC FATALITIES (January)
- Statistics and other lies (September)
- WALL STREET JOURNAL Editorial (August)
- BOSTON GLOBE: - speeds (August)
- Hybrids offers instant gratification.
- Rear-end collisions may increase
- How statistics get manipulated
- Preventable medical errors
- Speed limits
for safety or revenue?
- Speed is not the main cause of crashes
- 80 mph approved by Arizona Legislators
- BOSTON HERALD Column (May)
- PA radar guns are defective!
- Steve Syre's BOSTON GLOBE column (March)
- This was the year it was (January)
- Courtland Milloy's WASHINGTON POST Column
- Brock Yates' WSJ Column
- Howie Carr's BOSTON HERALD Column
- Woody Hochswender's NYT Column
- David Brooks' WSJ Column
New Surcharges, the Natick Experiment
- Police appear circumventing the law
- Bills of Interest to NMA Members
D. Vassilaros' TRIBUNE Column
- Eric Peters' WASHINGTON TIMES Column
- HERALD Column:
"Click It or Ticket"
"Go Slower - But Only Sometimes."
Alcohol Related Is Not Always Drunk Driving
Rep. Armey's WASHINGTON POST Editorial
- Howie Carr's HERALD Column
Roadblocks, Cameras after 9/11
More tickets ahead!
Lower Speed Limits & Video Surveillance?
Legislative Action - The Speen Street Speed Trap
- Howie Carr's HERALD Column
Speed limit enforcement kills!
Members in Action
Unreasonable Speed Limits
- Jeff Jacoby's BOSTON GLOBE Column
- Another Jeff Jacoby's BOSTON GLOBE Column
- Legislature, Changing Limits, Complaint Form
- Fuel Tax, Fast Lane, Laser Fighting
- Emmission Testing
About the NMA /
Join the NMA / Contact
the NMA / NMA Home
"Ultimately, technology will enslave us all" -- Anonymous