2012 NMA Foundation Fundraiser
This is the most crucial fundraising campaign for the NMA Foundation in years.
We have set a 2012 goal of raising $100,000 to again begin funding grant requests submitted to the 501(c)(3) Foundation. Since its founding in 1999, the nonprofit NMA Foundation has supported research projects, educational programs, and legal challenges that have furthered the rights of motorists and improved the public's knowledge of traffic safety. We need your support to continue awarding Foundation grants.
We have really spiced things up this year with some unique sweepstakes prizes designed to encourage your participation. The NMA Foundation is all about promoting driving freedoms, so what better set of prizes than the four scholarships we will be handing out for performance and/or racing school stints?
Feel what it is like to suit up, get behind the wheel of a Ferrari 458 (above left), a NASCAR stock car (center), or a Lamborghini Gallardo (right), and rev up to racing speed around the track. These are just a few of the options you will have if you win one of the valuable prizes of the NMA Foundation's 2012 Sweepstakes.
You win the prize, you pick the driving experience within the guidelines of the Sweepstakes Rules noted below. The Grand Prize winner will have his/her driving experience financed up to a value of $1500. The first, second, and third runners-up will win packages with values up to $1250, $1000, and $750 respectively.
The sweepstakes only runs through the end of this year, so send in your generous contribution to the NMA Foundation by December 31, 2012 to be part of the contest.
Each $40 donation earns you an entry into the sweepstakes. Larger donations can mean more entries and an even greater chance to have that once-in-a-lifetime driving experience.
$40 donation = 1 sweepstakes entry
$80 donation = 2 sweepstakes entries
$120 donation = 3 sweepstakes entries
$160 donation = 4 sweepstakes entries
$200 donation = 5 6 sweepstakes entries!
$400 donation = 10 14 sweepstakes entries!
$600 donation = 15 25 sweepstakes entries!
Help us meet the aggressive fundraising goal of $100,000 by contributing generously to the NMA Foundation fundraising campaign. Just click on one of the blue buttons on this page or give us a toll-free call at 800-882-2785 to find out how your tax-deductible gift to the NMA Foundation can make a huge difference.
- Donors who respond by December 31, 2012 will automatically receive one sweepstakes entry for every $40 they contribute to the NMA Foundation. Special bonus entries are awarded for donations of higher value: $200 earns 6 entries, $400 earns 14 entries, and $600 earns 25 entries. A higher number of entries improves a contestant's chances to win.
- The number of entries a monthly donor will receive is based on the value of the total pledge.
- Donations can be made online at https://www.motorists.org/foundation/donate/, by sending a check made out to the NMA Foundation to 402 W. 2nd St., Waunakee, WI 53597, or by calling the NMA Foundation toll-free at 1-800-882-2785.
- One grand prize winner (prize value up to $1500), one first runner-up ($1250 prize value), one second runner-up ($1000 prize value) and one third runner-up ($750 prize value) will be selected from all valid entries in a random drawing that will take place on or before January 16, 2013. The sweepstakes prize winners will be notified in January or February 2013.
- In order to be declared a sweepstakes prize winner, each candidate whose name was drawn must sign a NMA Foundation Sweepstakes Claim Form within two weeks of notification. If any of the persons selected as a prize winner is unable to accept the prize, additional names will be drawn randomly from the sweepstakes entries. The order of the drawing will determine the award of the prizes.
- A sweepstakes prize can be transferred or shared with an immediate family member. The prize can be transferred to someone outside of the prize winner's immediate family only upon prior approval by the NMA Foundation. Our hope is that supporters of the NMA Foundation will receive direct enjoyment from these unique driving experiences.
- The prize winners may choose a driving experience that appeals to them --- performance driving, racing, high-speed go karting, teen driving school --- and then notify the NMA Foundation of that choice. The NMA Foundation will pay the school directly for the package up to the value of the prize.
- If the chosen driving package costs less than the amount of the prize, the winner can spend the difference by extending their driving experience (e.g., buying more laps around the track), by sharing the experience with a family member, by covering travel expenses to and from the driving/racing school, or, with the NMA Foundation's prior approval, by paying for other related driving-package-related expenses.
- Each entrant agrees that if he/she is selected as winner, the NMA will have the right to use his/her name, address (city and state only), likeness, and prize information for publicity without additional compensation.
- Persons wishing to enter to win the sweepstakes, but not wishing to donate, should write to the NMA Foundation, 402 W. 2nd Street, Waunakee, WI 53597 to obtain an entry form. Entry requests must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. There is a limit of one non-donor entry per household.
- This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by federal, state, or local laws and is subject to all applicable laws.